cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackdown
What's DOS?
Views: 158
Message 1 of 1

Flex 2 14 had a British keyboard, changed the keyboard to Japanese layout. ろ, ¥, etc don't work?

Hi, I have a Lenovo Flex 2 14 which came with a British keyboard but I noticed you can take off the keyboard and swap it out for another one - you can find backlit versions, or a version with a different layout. I got a keyboard for it with Japanese hiragana on it, but the laptop doesn't seem to recognise any of the extra keys this keyboard comes with which have key codes not used by other languages. These keys include:

• | ¥ -

• ー \ ろ

• 無変換

• 変換

• the カタカナ, ひらがな and ローマ字 toggle

I would have assumed this was to do with the fact that these are keys from a 106/109 key layout as opposed to the standard 102 key, so I replaced the keyboard driver with Microsoft's 106/109 key keyboard driver, but that hasn't had any effect - it still can't see these keys being pressed.

The 半角/全角 漢字 key works because it uses the same key code as the tilde on other keyboards, but that's all.

My hypothesis for why this might not be possible to fix is that the ribbon connection between the keyboard and the motherboard could only support 102-key layouts in Europe, and therefore the only way to be able to use these extra input conversion keys without a different motherboard altogether would be to use an external USB keyboard. I may have just made up what I said about the motherboard though, so does anyone know if there's a driver I can use to solve this problem and be able to use the extra keys?

I can't just use a key mapper like KeyTweak as the keys aren't registering within key mapping programs - nothing can see them at the moment.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors