Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPalme
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,189
Message 1 of 8

Flex 2 14 laptop hinge

Got the flex 2 14 recently, been using it for a couple days and its pretty great, but I feel like the hinge is a little too tight and that every time I open up the laptop there is a slight crackling noise.. Is this normal and how do i fix this? Thanks

Luigicube
Paper Tape
Views: 3,484
Message 2 of 8

Lenovo Flex 2 14" hinge broken!

Hello there,

I bought it a month ago a Lenovo Flex 2 14 ". Computer is very good. Except I just found out I have a broken hinge! Knowing that I take great care of my computer! he never fell, it had no impact. I suspect the way back to the problem screen. hinge was dislocated in a first time and then returned to the user screen it made pressure which broke the corner. so I phoned Lenovo France who told me that the repairs would be at my expense ... This is my first Lenovo and I am very disappointed ...

Sorry for the google translation.

Photos :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh4v5uwgezzabpn/2014-08-05%2000.24.36.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr0idexnttovi6l/2014-08-05%2000.25.25.jpg

Bonjour,

J'ai acheté il y a un mois un Lenovo Flex 2 14". L'ordinateur est très bon. Sauf que je viens de découvrir que j'ai une charnière de cassée! Sachant que je prend le plus grand soin de mon ordinateur! Il n'est jamais tombé, il n'a eu aucun choc. Je soupçonne le mode écran retourné à l’origine du problème. La charnière s'est déboité dans un première temps puis avec le mode écran retourné ça a fait pression d’où le coin cassé. J'ai donc téléphoné à Lenovo France qui m'a indiqué que les réparations serait à mes frais... C'est mon première ordinateur Lenovo et je suis très déçu...

Mod's Edit: Merged discussion with existing thread on the problem.

pmdegroot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,825
Message 3 of 8

Re: Lenovo Flex 2 14" hinge broken!

Hi,

I too bought the Lenovo Flex 2 14 in October last year and after a few weeks the hing broke. We took it recently to PC World where we bought it and they told us that we would have to pay for new hinges, despite it still being under warranty. It is clearly a product defect and there are plenty of complaints out there regarding this matter. Why doesn't Lenovo admit thet it is a product weakness/fauls and take responsibility?  I will think twice before I buy another Lenovo.

pmdegroot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,823
Message 4 of 8

Re: Lenovo Flex 2 14" hinge broken!

Hi, how much did they charge you to replace the hinge?
Thanks!
pmdegroot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,808
Message 5 of 8

Re: Flex 2 14 laptop hinge

Hi,

Within a few weeks after the clicking sound, the hinges on both sides actually cracked. Now Lenovo are refusing to pay for the replacement even though it is within the warranty period. No reason other than "the hinges are not covered" is mentioned but that is not true because there is nothing about his in the limited warranty document. I am seriously displeased with Lenovo's service.

pmdegroot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,804
Message 6 of 8

pmdegroot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,739
Message 7 of 8

KNOWHOW, Levovo's service agent in the UK now claims I misued the laptop. I cannot believe it. I always treat my laptop with extreme care.  When I asked them for evidence for the misue that led to the cracked hinges, they sent me this!

Hi Peter, the information would need to be requested from the address below. Please include proof of Identity that would include your address (copy of driving licence, passport or recent utility bill) Please include a £10 cheque or postal order made payable to DSG Retail Ltd to cover administration costs Data Protection Officer Company Secretary's Department DSG Retail PLC Maylands Avenue Hemel Hempstead Herts HP2 7TG Shaun

Outrageous! Suddenly I have to provide proof of identity (Kownhow still are in possession of my Laptop!), plus a GBP10 cheque.  This is a case for the UK Ombudsman! 

dolee
What's DOS?
Views: 515
Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem with my laptop. ths is the second laptop with the same issues. it is design flaw on Lenovo side.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors