cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 254
Message 11 of 13

Re: Flex 2-14 second memory slot not functioning?

User error. Chipset not updated/ sleep parms.

Report back user.

Kirty
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 251
Message 12 of 13

Thank you both again. I will try some of this - adjusting some of the controls might be out of my knowledge base. I did observe to be sure Lenovo had in the Maintenance Manual, the two slots and that they should accept these 2 4gb. I did update the chipset, but thought BIOS might have come with it? Or is that a separate update. My husband had purchased it for consulting work right from Lenovo and recently handed down to me. I may end with this post, as I need something that can handle photography work and higher speed. I thought ditching my Costco HP Pavilion with 16gb ram, but AMD processer would be better moving to this. I even cracked that case and found two DDR4 chips, so ended up refreshing this whole HP system and re-installing all my crap there until I just fork over some bucks and get another new laptop that actually can handle all I put it through with Photoshop, Lightroom, Quicken, Office Suite etc. Just tryig to simplify my life by trashing all my big box CPUs and moving to iPad Pro for fun and one laptop that works. I guess I still have my work cut out finding one that does, out of the box. Send me email addresses through private message and I'll happy share some coffee with you both. Thanks again. (PS I haven't given up yet, but just might take me another week to get back into it.)  Kirty

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 240
Message 13 of 13

We are here to help. Thanks for sharing. Your old memory is Fine, 1 added stick is fail.

(1 oem, 1 new)

Now using  2 New sticks is NOT fine, same spec. (2 new sticks).

Chipset updated. No BIOS updated, none newer offered.

I suspect sleep mode issues. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors