cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Freshalicious
Paper Tape
Views: 2,208
Message 1 of 5

Flex 2 15 - Any options to add a ssd caddy in place of optical drive w. Flex2 15?

I am having difficulty finding any compatible caddies? Has anyone succesfully added a drive caddy in place of PLDS DVD-RW DA8A5SH optical drive?

thank you.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

asu80
Paper Tape
Views: 2,174
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flex 2 15 - Any options to add a ssd caddy in place of optical drive w. Flex2 15?

Hi. I bought from ebay : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/for-Lenovo-Flex-2-15-Swap-UJ8FB-DVD-2nd-SATA-Hard-Drive-SSD-HDD-HD-Caddy-Adap... , and it's working. I installed the hdd inside.

Freshalicious
Paper Tape
Views: 2,165
Message 3 of 5

Re: Flex 2 15 - Any options to add a ssd caddy in place of optical drive w. Flex2 15?

Did you need any sort of spacer or insert to secure the SSD/HDD fully or was it ok without it? did you use a 7mm drive or 9.5mm? thanks for the reply.

asu80
Paper Tape
Views: 2,155
Message 4 of 5

no. the caddy has some screws for the hdd. the laptop came with the 7 mm drive but you can put a 9.5 mm drive because the caddy is 12.5 mm like the dvd-rw.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,127
Message 5 of 5

Great discussion, folks. 

Freshalicious, thanks for coming in to share with the community about what worked! I learnt something as well. 

Serene

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors