cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 1,281
Message 1 of 2

Flex-2 15 CPU usage 30% when idle after upgrade to Windows 10 * Contains Large Images *

BTW upgrading my Flex-2 15 to Windows 10 Home went smoothly, all working after some minor manual driver updates ( WLAN, Graphics)................

However since upgrade I am experiencing one annoying symptom, which has been reported by users of other brands as well.

Athough I already followed most of the related tips (killing known unnessary processes, change reporting), CPU usage is still constantly around 30%, causing the fan to run continuosly and even more unsatisfactory: extremely reducing battery life !!! Using processexplorer I found out, that svchost ( or one of its processes ) is causing the problem, not any of the applications. As I am not able to dig further I wonder what measures have been taken so far by Lenovo to have Microsoft fix this problem.

Attached: screenshots 'notification', 'processes', 'system'

Further tips are appreciated.

system.png

notifications.jpg

processes.jpg

Mod's Edit: Added disclaimer about large images for those with slow Internet service.

UPDATE Oct10:

Went to manually checking Lenovo Support tile and was offered update of SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe.

Run update and believe it or not: CPU usage is nearly back to normal (around 4%) with FF browser open and AV SW running. svchost down to less than 2.5% usage. Fan turns down to 'off' or low speed.
Can someone pls. confirm? Will watch out situation for the next days.....

Update Oct11:

No idea, how to mark this thread 'solved': System runs stable like a charm. Silent as before, low CPU usage and normal battery life.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Guru
Views: 1,248
Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex-2 15 CPU usage 30% when idle after upgrade to Windows 10 * Contains Large Images *

No further Text. Problem solved. See above

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors