Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry24o9
What's DOS?
Views: 263
Message 11 of 19

Re: Flex 2-15 Laptop cracked case

I have the exact same problem. I have used my laptop very gently but still. It seems the make is really very poor. I have no idea how to get it fixed.

Dala
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 234
Message 12 of 19

YES. I just noticed the left hinge is doing the same thing on my laptop, and I take very good care of my things !
I have no children at home, no one uses my laptop but me, and the first year I had it, I rarely used it because I did the majority of my work on a Samsung (most dependable laptop I have ever owned).

As you mentioned, the case has always been hard to open, and if this is a manufacturers design issue, they should be paying for the repairs, IMO. I am so sick of buying junk. I bought this laptop from an online review from a tech company and I'll never listen to them again.

Anyway... yes, same problem here, which is unbelievable, as I never misuse my laptop, it sits on a desk and I move it to the couch once in awhile. No reason why this should have happened with normal wear & tear.

Dala
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 233
Message 13 of 19

And, I would advise everyone here to file a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau. If customers would do this more often, manufacturer's would think twice before selling us junk that we have to put a lot of money into in order to use it. There's no excuse for expecting customer's to pay to replace this lid after just a few years of opening and closing it with normal use in the area of the lid where it's cracking. It should last for many, many years. I have 5-6 laptops in my home, and some are over 10 years old (grandkids play on them), have had kids use them and not one has had a hinge/lid problem.
cstngrx4
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 14 of 19

Yep, that is exactly how mine started out. I too take very good care of my things and have no children at home. I won't be buying a Lenovo again that's for sure.
ChiefGijs
What's DOS?
Views: 209
Message 15 of 19

Unfortunately that's not how it works. 

To have the company start a recall, the number of faulty products has to be big enough to make significant financial impact on the company name and future sales. Their management will have calculated that when the issue grows to x% of the total number of sold products, they'l have to intervene. 

Our handfull of cases with this issue won't come near any kind of percentage needed to start a recall..

ChiefGijs
What's DOS?
Views: 204
Message 16 of 19

Oh and p.s., 

I had ordered a new backcover to replace my cracked one. Unfortunately before I could replace it, the screen itself broke, the colours are all bad and distorted and it's barely visible. So now I've ended up with a semi functional laptop, minus a screen, plus a useless spare backcover...

Dala
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 197
Message 17 of 19

That may be how it works for a recall, but I'm going to contact the company and tell them I want to be reimbursed for replacing top of my my case... and if they won't, then I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau and I'm going to file a claim that they sold me a crappy piece of junk what should not have broken simply by sitting on a desk and being opened and closed possibly 25 times in its lifetime.

And, I can just bet there's tons more people out there who have cases just like ours that have broken with normal use, and I'm pretty sure that either the Yoga or one other laptop from Lenovo has a problem in the same exact place.

cstngrx4
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 18 of 19

I agree with you Dala. I can't believe how many people have replied to my original post on this. Surely we aren't the only ones having this issue with Lenovo. What a piece of junk.

Stella477
What's DOS?
Views: 137
Message 19 of 19

Our Flex 2-15 has several cracks . Over the past two decades, we have purchased almost 20 Lenovo computers for various members of our family, several desktop and Thinkpad computers, one tablet, one Ideapad and one Flex 2-15. My husband has used the Flex 2-15 for about three years and is quite disappointed with the Lenovo product and is now forced to leave the computer 'open' for fear if he tries to close it, the prominent cracks will only get bigger

It's the first time that Lenovo has produced such a poorly constructed computer.

Despite being carefully cared for, there are several cracks in the body of the Flex 2-15 affecting both the screen and keyboard sides. And when the body breaks, there's not much you can do with it.

If I can talk him into another Lenovo product, I will try to get him back into the T series, or seek a small Ideapad like the one he had – and enjoyed – before. 

I believe the cracks are caused because the hinges are so tight that it puts pressure on the thin body when the computer is opened and closed. It doesn't have the heavy duty hinges offered by the Thinkpads. I even toyed with using Super Glue on it, but that would likely only be a temporary fix and may further muck up the computer. 

I just think Lenovo missed the mark on this machine, but I'm open if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the little-used computer. It runs perfectly, but its body has let us, and Lenovo, down.  

Many thanks for listening.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors