cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ezuka
What's DOS?
Views: 839
Message 1 of 5

Flex 2-15 two finger click not working (Alps)

I'm using Windows 8.1 on an SSD that I replaced the original HDD with. The touchpad is an Alps touchpad, so the fixes for other types do not work.

I purchased my Lenovo Flex 2-15 almost a month ago, but I have not been able to get two finger click to work. The machine recognizes multi-touch inputs: scrolling, swiping, edge, etc all work properly.

Two finger click is enabled in my touchpad settings, and I have tried multiple drivers from other manufacturers, but none of them work properly. I have also installed and reinstalled the official drivers, and I have looked around in the registry. Nothing has worked.

Is there a page where I can download previous, official Flex 2 touchpad drivers to see if they'll fix my issue?

Is there an e-mail address that I can send a support inquiry to? Others have posted about this provlem, but no threads seem to offer a fix.

yoga2projames
Punch Card
Views: 815
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flex 2-15 two finger click not working (Alps)

I had the same problem on my Yoga2Pro running Windows 8.1 and didn't want to fiddle with the registry, which was the only fix offered.

Assuming that you're looking for right click emulation, my workaround was to use the touch screen "press and hold" feature where pressing down for a configurable amount of time will bring up the right-click menu. I believe this is a Windows 8.1 function and not touchpad specific.

Enter into the search window "change multi-touch gestures settings" and then go to "press and hold"

Jim

Ezuka
What's DOS?
Views: 802
Message 3 of 5

While that is a native Windows 8.1 option, it only applies to the touch screen, at least in my case. I can press and hold on the touchscreen for right click, but I might as well just use the touchpad's buttons for that.

My main interest is in being able to emulate middle click from two finger tapping, but even right click would be better than no two finger tap functionality at all.

I'd edit the registry if I could find a proper guide for doing so, but all the guides I find are for Synaptic or Elan touchpads, not Alps.

yoga2projames
Punch Card
Views: 796
Message 4 of 5

at least in my case. I can press and hold on the touchscreen for right click, but I might as well just use the touchpad's buttons for that.

------------------------------------

Gotcha. In my case the problem is carpal tunnel, so press n' hold screen for right click is a lot easier pushing the

touchpad button, although I would prefer a two-finger touchpad solution. Good luck finding a fix for your issue.

bodnarkf
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 5 of 5

Is there a solution to this issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors