Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billwx
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,087
Message 1 of 4

Flex 2-15D boot issue

Hi all,

I am trying to get a friend's Flex 2-15D KNP 20377 to boot, but having no luck. When i plug it in and press the power button the button lights up, the battery light comes on and charges from yellow to green, and the cd/dvd rom tray ejects. I get no other sign of life, no sounds, no video. I have tried starting via the nova button to bios. Again, power light comes on but no video or hardware sounds. I read about a power button board failure issue in the Flex-2 14 and am wondering whether this sounds like my problem? Other possibilities? Many thanks!

billwx
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,061
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flex 2-15D boot issue

Some further testing with the unit open reveals some additional possible clues. With battery and/or ac the fan DOES power on. Also, i *think* i heard the hard drive click on a couple times as well. The keyboard apparently has no power as the caps lock light doesn't come on and holding D at bootup has no effect. I pulled and reseated the ram, video cable, keyboard cable, and power button cable to no effect. Holding the power button down for up to a minute without a power source, then trying battery and ac has no effect. I am stuck but still leaning toward it being a power button board issue. Your thoughts please, and thank you.

ToPr
Paper Tape
Views: 949
Message 3 of 4

I have same problem. I tried diconect battery but it did not work. In the end I managed to turn on my computer by turning it off and on again and again witch hard reset. But when I try to shut it down or restart same problem as the beginning...
Pleasse help.

WSH
What's DOS?
Views: 484
Message 4 of 4

Hi - is it possible to buy this part and have it put in? It seems such a simple problem to solve - but 100% critical too!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors