Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faridcboy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 478
Message 1 of 3

Flex 2 Boot Problem After BIOS Update

Hi,

The other day I updated my Lenovo Flex 2 BIOS in win10, downloaded the official update file from Lenovo Support Website, and proceeded with the setup but after update, I haven't been able to boot the system up again!

On the other side, I have forgotten the password I have set for BIOS settings, several months ago!

So overall, I have a laptop with secured BIOS and a failed attemt to update it's BIOS which doesnt boot and stays in this page no matter which option you choose:

IMG_20160525_225358.jpg

I live in Iran where Lenovo doesnt have any official support centre so on the other hand, my hands are tied.

But I would be glad for any help you could provide 

Thank you all

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 449
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 2 Boot Problem After BIOS Update

Have you tried doing a soft reset of the BIOS to rule out any conflicts with the newer BIOS version and the stored hardware configuration?  If not, try this......

1. Shut down Windows and unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
3. Plug in the charger / adapter and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

As for the forgotten BIOS password, due to the ease in which laptops are stolen, clearing a forgotten BIOS password is not easily done like it is with a desktop computer.  There is no master password or back door that can be used to clear the forgotten one.  Your only option is to contact Lenovo Support since discussions related to circumventing BIOS passwords are prohibited by Forum Rules.  Please keep in mind that your forgotten password may have contained upper and lower case letters along with numbers.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

faridcboy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 428
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 2 Boot Problem After BIOS Update

Thanks for your response

I tried the instructions you gave, the pc gave a loud signal but no change, still stucks in that page

I live in Iran where Lenovo doesnt have any official support so do you think I might get something if I contact Lenovo Support via email or phone?!

And which one do you suggest?! Email?! Phone?! Which address?!

Thanks a lot

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors