Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ebmm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 1 of 3

Flex 3 1130 Excessive CPU Usage

I recently purchased a Flex 3 11.6" 2 in 1 for school. Mainly during browser usage, the cpu usage constantly peaks at 100% and the laptop slows up to an annoying, frozen condition until such time is allowed for it to "calm down".

I have all add ins, plug ins, extensions removed. Have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge with all having the same result. I have tweaked all relevant settings in Chrome and Firefox and that's changed nothing. I have no applictions running that would have any affect either.

This issue makes any browsing completely unacceptable. It's that bad! If this is not resolved or if it's just "the nature of the beast", Lenovo needs to reconsider promoting such a machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,024
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 3 1130 Excessive CPU Usage

Hi,

What does task manager say is the process or processes using the majority of the CPU?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Ebmm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,021
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 3 1130 Excessive CPU Usage

The browser by far. Google or FF, depending on which one I'm running. Task manager will throw it way up there but that's to be expected when open.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors