Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 11,156
Message 1 of 7

Flex 3 1130 - Memory?

Greetings,

I was getting one of these as a gift but noticed they only have 2GB of memory while running Windows 10 64-bit.

The specs say they have 2GB of DDR3L-1333 memory so is it safe to assume this can be expanded?  The sales person at the local electronics place said it was as there are also 4GB models of the same but those do not have the SSD drive (i.e. 4GB memory + 500GB slow 5400 HD vs. the 2GB memory  + 32GB SSD).

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,145
Message 2 of 7

Re: Flex 3 1130 - Memory?

Unfortunately no on the upgrade.  The Flex 3 has the memory soldered directly to the motherboard so it is not upgradable.  Sorry !

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 11,137
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I guess I may take this one back and get the 4GB model... but that 4GB only has a super-slow 500GB SATA drive.

Is it possible to replace the internal HD with a SATA 7mm SSD.... and if so, is there some sort of method for doing this? (i.e. recovery media or recovery media tool) included with these?

My other laptop is a Y50-70 and I wound up just doing a fresh install with a new Windows 10 key as there seemed to be no "recovery creator" or media method for that laptop.  Does the Flex 3 have any tool for making recovery media + re-install of OS?

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,125
Message 4 of 7

I'm not well versed in all the aspects of your model so I can't say for sure how easy it is to swap a SSD drive for the hard drive.  For that you might want to create a new message thread about the upgrade.  That way it will insure a good response as it will gain the attention of folks familiar with an SSD upgrade and your model.

Windows 10 does have it own built-in recovery tool creator. Please see this link......

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103786

If used, I would avoid the option to delete the recovery partition.  That way you will still have the hard drive in it original state until you know the SSD is working good.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

stevepa
Token Ring
Views: 11,115
Message 5 of 7

Thanks again for the quick reply!

I did return the Flex 3/2GB and spent some time with the 4GB/500GB Sata model as they had one out and it was still quite slow and performed pretty poorly for my tastes from the HD access speed.

I wound up just going with the Yoga 700 2-in-1 in the 11.6" factor. It looks identical to the Flex 3 @ 11.6" but is at least 10x zippier, 128gb SSD and has the m3 processor.  In my case, it was only $100 more on-sale so it was a no brainer at that point heh.

Thanks again!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,110
Message 6 of 7

You are very welcome.  I'm glad to help.

Enjoy your new system !!

mronningen12
What's DOS?
Views: 8,728
Message 7 of 7

You can upgrade the HDD to an SSD on this model. I have the model with 4gb RAM and have put in an SSD. It runs fast and beautifully!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors