Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddebevec
What's DOS?
Views: 292
Message 1 of 2

Flex 3 1470 - Looking for help with boot and display issues

I’m trying to use a Lenovo flex 3 1470 model 80jk0028us as more of a desktop and I’m encountering a couple of issues. I would like to know if it’s possible to boot the system with the top closed. Also I’m using an LG 34” monitor (34UM68) monitor and when I boot windows 10, with the top open, it doesn’t display in the full monitor size. If I restart windows, it then comes up full screen.   What I’m trying to accomplish is a desktop where I can press the power button on the closed lid Flex 3 and have it boot up windows in a full screen display. All help is welcome. Thanks!

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 219
Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex 3 1470 - Looking for help with boot and display issues

Hi ddebevec, 

Unfortunately there is no way you can turn on the system by just press the power when the lid is closed. This is a feature designed to stop the system from turning on when traveling. What you can do is to open the lid to turn on the system then close the lid after. As for the screen resolution issue I would suggest that you set the system to single display only. Make sure that you set the TV as the main display of the laptop. If you have not set the way windows responds when a external monitor is connected, windows will always to pick a duplicate display view, which always gives a bad display on the external monitor. 

Ping me if you have any other questions. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Top Kudoed Authors