04-28-2016 10:40 AM - edited 04-28-2016 10:48 AM
I have a flex 3 1470 (model 80JK001GUS) which comes with a NVIDIA graphics card (940m). I recently had a problem with power, I took it to a lenovo service center, and they replaced the motherboard to fix it.
However, After replacing the motherboard, my laptop does not detect the presence of an NVIDIA card; I cannot install new drivers because it says that there is no card either.
The device manager lists it as "disconnected" (code 45) and has it hidden.
Here is what i have attempted to do so far
(I have a restore point set before the attempts so if it doesnt work i can go back)
1. Delete all NVIDIA drivers, programs (except GEFORCE EXPERIENCE), reboot run GEFORCE EXPERIENCE.
-problem GEFORCE Does not detect NVIDIA GPU
2. Attempt to install update to NVIDIA through downloaded driver from BOTH LENOVO and NVIDIA.
-neither detects a NVIDIA GPU
3. Attempted "display driver uninstaller"
-no gpu detected after following through with safe mode uninstaller, and then installing through downloaded driver setup
4. Deleting hidden device: MOBILE 5TH GEN INTEL CORE PCI EXPRESS ROOT PORT 5.
-it was hidden, and i saw another post saying he did it, but port 5 is listed as disconnected.
-when i deleted it, it deleted the disconnected hidden 940M display adapter as well.
5. Going into the service center and telling them "I dont know if the new motherboard has the nvidia gpu, because I dont think they make the mother board anymore
-they said oh its there you just have to delete the nvidia programs then run GEFORCE Experience.
Im in a bind here. Can someone come up with some suggestions to whats wrong? thank you
EDIT: Also tried updating intel graphics card drivers, nothing changed either.