cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
califauna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,506
Message 1 of 3

Flex 3 1480 Motherboard charging circuit repair walk-through, or schematic for motherboard

Hi,

I have a flex 3 1480 80R3 with a acharging circuit problem . The laptop can be used when plugged in but it stopped charging after a power surge. The message is 'plugged in - not charging''.

I have tested with diferent battery and charger and problem is on motherboard.

Im wondering if I can get a motherboard repair walk-through if someone is familiar with this board, or perhaps if anyone has any ideas for how to get a schematic for the board so I can pass it to a technician and fix whatever component has gone bad. There is only one Lenovo service centre in Spain and the have quoted me crazy money as they dont repair boards they just swap them out.

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,500
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 3 1480 Motherboard charging circuit repair walk-through, or schematic for motherboard

Regardless of the country you are in, the story is the same.  The boards are swapped, not repaired.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
califauna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,472
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 3 1480 Motherboard charging circuit repair walk-through, or schematic for motherboard

I assume you are referring to Lenovo service centres.  It doesn't take long to find a computer repair centre which will repair boards not just swap them out ( I have found plenty round me) .  They tend to require schematics for the board though.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors