Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
symmglsereen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,348
Message 11 of 13

Re: Flex 3 15" ram upgrade

Ok, I was able to successfully use a 16GB RAM stick in the Lenovo Flex 3 - 1480, it had an odd silver enclosure covering the RAM making it difficult to find at first, but it worked right away after plugging in the RAM and booting, as well as opening a few programs after logging in and such. I didn't think it would help a ton since I have 16GB RAM in my desktop PC however it did make a huge difference on the performance of this laptop, so it was definitely worth it.
NBPatton
What's DOS?
Views: 1,117
Message 12 of 13

TLDR: IT WORKS! 16gb Confirmed!

Sorry to necro an old thread, however I picked up a Lenovo Flex 3 1580 on craigslist for cheap, I use my machines to their max in various ways and quickly realized 8gb wasn't going to cut it.

I applied the d3cn35ww BIOS update found here: http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-3-1580/80r4/downloa...

(note when flashing the bios it doesnt list this laptop as a supported model, but check the readme and it is in fact listed, I was worried about it, however dropped the hammer and all came out well)

Then I bought this RAM module: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0123BRIDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unscrewed the bottom cover, removed the little sheet metal cover over the RAM slot, swapped them out, and reversed the procdure.

Initial boot was oddly slow as molasses... But Eureka! It WORKS! 16gb! After another reboot everything was noticeably faster and much more responsive during my heavy usage tasks...

Do it live!

ldsoldier
What's DOS?
Views: 79
Message 13 of 13

Glad it all worked out for you. Does anybody know if this would work on a Flex 3 1570? I can't seem to find the difference, although the BIOS versions are different. I'm trying to upgrade my grad school computer and get it to last a couple more years before I have to replace it. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors