Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turtok
Punch Card
Views: 1,860
Message 1 of 4

Flex 3-1580 - No automatic pc mode/tablet mode switch

Hey guys,

I bought a Flex 3 1580 about a week ago. I reformatted the computer because the video drivers were screwed up, but now when I flip the laptop around to tablet mode, nothing happens. The keyboard cuts out and everything but I no longer get the little pop up that asks if i want to switch. I've tried going into tablet settings and telling it to automatically switch without asking, but this also doesn't work.

I'm wondering if maybe I missed a cruicial piece of software after I reformatted because it was working perfectly before, but I reinstalled everything available on the lenovo website and nothing helped.

I've tried googling this problem over and over but I can never seem to find any answers, especially for this specific model.

Really would appreciate help with this. It's not a huge deal because I can still swith manually, but it certainly would be nice to have it working as before.

Thanks!

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Guru
Views: 1,855
Message 2 of 4

Re: No automatic pc mode/tablet mode switch

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/enable-tablet-mode-windows-10
if you have done this and it is not working, i have to ask have you ever had tablet mode working since you reinstalled windows 10?

Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
turtok
Punch Card
Views: 1,850
Message 3 of 4

Re: No automatic pc mode/tablet mode switch

Hello, thank you for your response. Tablet mode works if I go into the settings and set it manually, but it no longer automatically switches based on keyboard position. This feature worked on the previous Win10 installation, but not since the reinstall. I thought maybe I'm missing a Lenovo driver that controls this? But I see nothing on their support page regarding it. 

turtok
Punch Card
Views: 1,835
Message 4 of 4

Re: Flex 3-1580 - No automatic pc mode/tablet mode switch

Wanted to update because I think I figured it out. The yoga support page has drivers for "yoga mode control" that's supposed to be responsible for controlling the automatic modes. 

Figured why not try it on the flex, and everything works as it should now. Not sure why Lenovo doesn't include those drivers on the flex support page. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors