Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wind-AL
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 1 of 1

Flex 3 1580 No sound from speakers

My Flex 3 1580 started to show messages about device being plugged into head phone jack (hence the on board speaker is cut off), and unplugged randomly, and then it just all stopped, there is no sound from speaker, but the sounds were fine if I plug in a head phone. I tried "troubleshoot" on Sound, it changed driver from Realtek driver to Microsoft High definition audio driver. The sound started to show up from speakers, but the volume keeps on fluctuating up and down, even when the volume slider keeps constant. Another troubleshoot was run, and somehow the problem was fixed. However, after some time (likely due to windows auto update), speaker becomes silent again. The Realtek driver was present in device manager.  I downloaded the most recent realtek driver from Lenovo support website, instealled it, still no sound from speaker (headphone works fine all this time). Tried to run trouble shooter again to install High Def Audio driver, the broken sound comes back to speaker. I plugged in a headphone, and the sound was normal, no volume fluctuation. But the speaker went silent again, when the headphone is unplugged. 

Any one has any suggestion? I'm all ears.

Art

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors