Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpachiles
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 1 of 3

Flex-3 1580 locks up

I am running a Flex-3 1580 with Windows 10.  I don't know if it is a hardware problem, Windows 10, problem or the combination of the two, but my system uses all of my 8GB of memory and locks up 2 to 3 times a day requiring me to force power off in order to resume processing.  Am I going to have to get more memory or is something else going on that I need to fix?  Lenovo Solution Center says that all is well with the system.

acron1
Punch Card
Views: 269
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex-3 1580 locks up

Since the Flex 3, I believe, is maxed out at 8GB of RAM adding more memory isn't an option...

However I would venture to say that your problem is most likely a software issue.   Use Task Manager to isolate which program is hogging all your memory and take it from there...

Good luck,

Steve

gpachiles
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex-3 1580 locks up

I did that the other day and finally found after much searching, that there were some programs in the startup that were hogging memory and seemingly grabbing memory over time.  I could start the system and not start any applications and within a couple of hours it would have the memory maxed out and give a low memory message.  I removed them from startup and have not had the problem again.  Thanks for the response.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors