Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NotGeoff
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 1 of 3

Flex 3-1580, one USB 3.0 port stopped working

My laptop has been performing fabulously since I bought it a little under a month ago. Two weeks ago, one of the usb 3.0 ports on the right side (not the "always on" one) stopped working. If I plug my phone into it, it begins to charge but does not show up on windows. If I plug in my external hard drive, it powers up, but also is not recognized. If I plug in a flash drive with a light, it does not light up and is not recognized. I updated the BIOS (didn't work), tried to update the usb drivers that were installed (didn't work) and then tried uninstalling the drivers in device manager, rebooting and allowing windows to automatically reinstall them (didn't work). The other 2 usb ports work fine, one is 2.0 and the other is 3.0. Any thoughts on what to try next? I may just return it since the place I bought it from will still take it back.
pran105334
What's DOS?
Views: 793
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 3-1580, one USB 3.0 port stopped working

I have that problem also. Device Manager indicates unknown drivers for these usb ports. I uninstall them and when it reboots the OS does not pick them up. The system worked fine for a month also and then this happened...I will try next to recover back to original factory settings, but I am not confident that it will fix it or that it will not happen again. I think lenovo quality assurance is poorer than other companies...

NotGeoff
Paper Tape
Views: 789
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 3-1580, one USB 3.0 port stopped working

I just returned it for a new one Smiley Happy new one works fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors