Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wmech
Not applicable
Views: 2,286
Message 1 of 4

Flex-3 Keyboard & Touchpad stopped responding!

I'm running a Flex-3 with Windows 10.  Have not made any recent updates or changes to the system, but integrated keyboard and touchpad have stopped responding.  USB keyboard and bluetooth mouse work normally.

I'm simply trying to confirm if it is a hardware (motherboard) issue since that seems to be the most likely, but Troubleshooting and the Lenovo Solution Center scans indicate no issues.  I updated keyboard driver to no effect.

One strange result, if I disconnect all USB and Bluetooth devices and reboot, the Touchpad will again respond.  Keyboard will not.  As soon as I activate Bluetooth mouse, touchpad stops working.

Thank you in advance.

jamdy17
Not applicable
Views: 2,194
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flex-3 Keyboard & Touchpad stopped responding!

Hi wmech,

For the keyboard, can you check if there is any updates for the BIOS of the system from support.lenovo.com. As for the touchpad it seems that the setting to "disable touchpad when a external mouse is connected" is enabled. Please Check this setting under the touchpad driver. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Shashi_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 2,180
Message 3 of 4

Hi there, Wmech         -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

You can start by flushing out all static, remove battery and AC adaptor and hold down power button for about 20 seconds.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

wmech
Not applicable
Views: 2,130
Message 4 of 4

Nothing I tried restored the keyboard.  A local tech confirmed keyboard hardware failure.  2 months out of warranty... ugh.

PS: Lenovo phone support was a blackhole... the individual I eventually reached said due to being out of warranty, there was nothing they could do.  Can you feel the customer loyalty growing??  Not!

Thanks for the replies.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors