Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
volan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,183
Message 1 of 4

Flex 3 touch screen not working (sometimes) - Unknown USB Device

Hello;

I purchased 2 Flex 3 laptops a few weeks ago.  One of them had an intermittent touchscreen problem.  It boiled down to a USB driver issue.  In the Device Manager under USB Controllers I got a yellow Triangle with an exclamation next to "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".  If I disabled and then enabled that driver the touchscreen would start working.  I ended up returning that laptop thinking it was just a faulty unit, but today my 2nd Flex 3 did the same thing.  As far as I know all my drivers are updated an I'm running Windows 10.

I don't really want to have to disable and enable drivers every other day so I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue and if so if there is a fix.

Attached is a screenshot of the Device Manager.

vinni
What's DOS?
Views: 1,127
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flex 3 touch screen not working (sometimes) - Unknown USB Device

I have exact same problem, I don't want to retrurn this laptop, I really like it and it's not a hardware issue just happen to be software issue. so hopefully i find the right driver for it

volan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,091
Message 3 of 4

No help on this one?

kpiyushkumar
Paper Tape
Views: 745
Message 4 of 4

Same problem here. Bought the laptop a couple days back and this problem started. Hope they fix it.

Top Kudoed Authors