Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrdleigh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,441
Message 1 of 6

Flex 4 1480 - Incorrect BIOS in Lenovo System Update utility

I have a Flex 4 1480 Signature Edition ideapad 80VD0007US and I'm trying to update the BIOS via the System Update utility.  When I choose to install the suggested update for the BIOS I get a message stating that this BIOS is only for "510S14IKB 310S15IKB YOGA 510-14IKB YOGA 510-15IKB" - none of which is my machine I'm pretty sure.  What can one do to find the correct BIOS and update it if the System Update utility doesn't give you the correct one?

The Lenovo Settings utility says that my BIOS is currently: 2SCN23WWV2.03

Thanks for any help!

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,436
Message 2 of 6

Re: Flex 4 1480 - Incorrect BIOS in Lenovo System Update utility

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing.  The warning message you are receiving during the update is partially correct.  Your model should have been included in that warning since that BIOS update covers all the models listed.   Here is a full description from the BIOS update's README file....

Flash BIOS update - Flash from Operating System version for ideapad 510S-14IKB, 310S-14IKB, 310S-15IKB, Yoga 510-14IKB, Yoga 510-15IKB, Flex 4-1480, Flex 4-1580
Version 2SCN25WW(V2.05)
Applicable OS Win10

I would try the upgrade again and click to proceed.  Otherwise here is a direct download link to that BIOS upgrade from the Lenovo Download Library for your model....

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/FLEX-SERIES/FLEX-4-1480/downloads/DS...

Mod's Edit: This post marked as the Solution based on member feedback.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

PickyRicky
What's DOS?
Views: 1,321
Message 3 of 6

Correct. BIOS update worked fine on my FLEX 4-1580 80VE on 8/15/2017. (now V.2.05)
rubens63
Blue Screen Again
Views: 228
Message 4 of 6

I'm getting these update request frequently and I'm not sure what it is really doing to my Notebook. I did it many times, but now I'm just ignoring it because I think this is a mistake. I don't think bios must be updated that many times in less than a year.
Don2175
What's DOS?
Views: 190
Message 5 of 6

I read the Flex 4 1480 post on the update message which added additional systems beyond the Yoga.  While this post listed two Flex 4 systems by model number, it did not include my IdeaPad FLEX 4-1570.  Does this same system update also include this 1570 model?  Background follows:
Lenovo Vantage indicated a system update was needed. When I initiated the update, the System Update indicated it was for a Lenova YOGA laptop, and asked if it should proceed with this update for my FLEX 4 1570. I terminated the update at that point, but wanted to know if I should have proceeded with the update, since the the Vantage indicated that a system update was needed.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 175
Message 6 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Don2175 !

The Flex 4 - 1570 requires a different BIOS update than what was mentioned earlier in this thread.  Your model requires version 0VCN31WW(V1.15) which is dated from September 17 of this year.  If Vantage recommends an update, but does not list your specific model or the version number being installed then you might consider just downloading the update yourself for peace of mind.   You can do the update as a stand alone upgrade without using Vantage.

Here is a link for that download along with the README file for your model.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/FLEX-SERIES/FLEX-4-1570/downloads/D...

Additional.....

Personally, if it were me, I would do the update as it is recommended upgrade to fix known security issues.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors