cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
requestqwer
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 1 of 2

Flex 4-1480 Wifi-adapter randomly disables, water damage or virus??

Last night I accidentally spilled water onto my laptop. However it wasn't much, probably less than half a cup got onto it, although I did not notice water got on the inside until I opened it up the next morning to find water on the screen, on the keys, and around the keyboard. I turned it on and checked the keys and everything seemed fine.

But shortly after, my network adapter starting to disable randomly. Within 10 minutes of first boot-up and watching a video, the internet died and I could not find any wifi at all. I used the trouble shoot option and it gave me a blue screen signaling an error had occured and a restart was needed. The wifi was still down when I rebooted up the computer, and using the trouble shoot option this time fixed it, giving the diagnosis that the wifi adapter was disabled. Within 10 minutes again, it went down exactly the same as it did the first time. I googled the error, and the only relevant thing I could find was this link. I tried Method 1: Reset TCP/IP Stack and auto tuning and Method 3: Reinstall the adapter, but they did not fix the problem because it kept happening.

It has happened 8+ times today in the last 4 hours. I have also tried doing a network reset (which also uninstalls and reinstalls network adapters), but it's still doing it. It has happened at least 3 times during the time I took the write this post (although multi-tasking so it was about half an hour). My computer cannot find any wifi networks, and sometimes it will only show the wifi I was connected to, but will unsuccesfully reconnect. Just now, I restarted my computer and my wifi fixed itself. ???

Could water damage be the problem? I tried looking for a manual switch or button to disable the wifi-adapter, but I couldn't find anything, so I doubt the water is the cause. Can anyone tell me if it's a software issue instead, or maybe my computer has a virus?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 59
Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex 4-1480 Wifi-adapter randomly disables, water damage or virus??

Hi requestqwer,

Welcome to the community forums.

We highly suggest bringing the laptop to our authorized service center for further diagnosis and repair options. We recommend having it checked physically by a technician to prevent more damage. Here is the list of our service providers just filter it by country or city and look for a service provider that caters IdeaPad/Flex series:https://lnv.gy/2ObE7iw Feel free to write again. We're always here to help.

Regards!

Mod's Edit: for transparency, shortened link was converted to full URL......

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eSer...

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors