Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johkar1
Paper Tape
Views: 122
Message 1 of 4

Flex 4-1580 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80VE Graphics Card Question

I've been having all sorts of display issues on this 2 year old laptop and would like to know if I have any options besides a new. Gray screen, gray screen with horizontal lines, black screen.  I can usually get it to display again by either rocking the display back and forth on the hinges OR doing a series of hard reboots.  When it does display it works normally...no screen degradation.  Prior to this the screen would flip on its own or the mouse and keyboard would stop working temporarily.

I'm assuming the graphics card is built into the motherboard (AMD Radeon Graphics)?  Is replacing the motherboard an option?  Is this something I could order and do?  I am confident that there are no viruses and that there are no outdated drivers.  Diagnostics say that graphics and everything else is working normally.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 64
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flex 4-1580 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80VE Graphics Card Question

Hi johkar1! Try booting to BIOS. The instruction is here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216. Check if the display issue persist. If yes, the issue is most likely the LCD. You can buy it using the part number: 5D10M41860 online like Ebay or Amazon have a tech install it for you. This will reduce the repair expense. Hope that helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

johkar1
Paper Tape
Views: 49
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply. Prior to trying your solution I decided to take the back cover off and see if I could see anything obviously loose, damaged, dirty, etc.  When removing the screws I noticed that a number of them were very loose...odd.    I checked all the connections and then blew it out with compressed air.  Nothing was loose or particulary dirt.  Reassembled and low and behold all was well again!!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 46
Message 4 of 4

Good to hear that. Should you need assistance in the future, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors