Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onlyzc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,457
Message 1 of 8

Flex 5 1570 Windows 10 corrupt bios?

Hi,

I'm working with a Flex 5 1570 Windows 10 notebook. I recently installed the latest bios update and the softwared restarted the PC. When it came back up, I got the inaccessable_boot_device screen. When it restart again I get stuck on the Lenovo "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen. I can access the bios and it is showing the most recent update (4QCN43WW(V2.07)) installed. It also shows I am connected to the hard disk.

I'm at a bit of a loss. I obviously can't boot into windows and run the .exe for the bios, and and I can't seem to find an iso of the bios (to run on a usb) anywhere. I am currently downloading the files for the Lenovo USB recovery creator, but I can't tell if thats just going to reset the os  or the bios as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

DBAtrollman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,396
Message 2 of 8

Re: Flex 5 1570 Windows 10 corrupt bios?

What was the reply if any? Does it reset the bios or reset the OS too?
tantara
Paper Tape
Views: 1,354
Message 3 of 8

I have the exact same problem.  It strongly highlighted that you must have the correct model for the bios update to work, etc...  Flex 5-1570 was on the list.  I kept it plugged in as requested.  And yes after it rebooted it no longer can see the SSD.  and stays in the "repair" mode screen.   At a total loss on what to do now.   Brand new computer, 2 weeks old.

emartin1500
What's DOS?
Views: 1,297
Message 4 of 8

Hi, I have the same issue. Is anyone working on a new version of the BIOS, or has anyone found the old version that I can revert back to maybe? Thanks,

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,276
Message 5 of 8

@tantara wrote:

After it rebooted it no longer can see the SSD.  and stays in the "repair" mode screen.

The following thread describes a similar problem encountered with the Y520 model; try some of the suggestions made there:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Lenovo-y520-15IKBN-BIOS-update-4KCN41WW-Failed/td-p/4046...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Macedonian1
What's DOS?
Views: 863
Message 6 of 8

I registered on the forum in order to help the others that had this problem. I had it and it freaked me out completely until I found the following solution:

1) I updated the BIOS and then it wouldn't boot but only the message "Attempting Repairs" that stayed forever. 

2) I tried to to some changes in the BIOS, no effect.

3) Then I returned the settings to System Default in BIOS.

4) I used the niddle (with the laptop off) on the NON button (that was the name of this button?) to enter the System Recovery option.

5) From there I booted the Windows 10 into Safe mode (I pressed option 4 - Safe Mode). Sorry, I can't remeber the exact steps to get to Safe Mode, but it was easy and intuitive to navigate.

6) From Safe Mode I shut down Windows.

7) Once I turned on the laptop again, it all booted up nicely.

8) And I had a peace of mind again. Smiley Happy

Let me know if you manage to resolve it. If not, I'll gladly go back and look at the actualy steps I took.

Cheers!

gugunmima18
What's DOS?
Views: 766
Message 7 of 8

I'm succeed using this solution.

Thanks god
wispydanish
What's DOS?
Views: 629
Message 8 of 8

I just made an account to thank you for this simple but effective solution. This did the trick! Saved my day dude/dudette. Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors