Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blkvermilion
Paper Tape
Views: 991
Message 1 of 5

Flex 5 1570 Won't boot to Samsung 960 EVO

I recently bought my flex 5 and wanted to install windows 10 on a new SSD, Samsung 960 EVO, into the computer. 

I have disconnected the old HDD so the sdd is the only drive in the computer. 

The SSD does show up in the bios as the only hard drive in the system, but it is not letting me boot from it. 

In the bios, if i change the sata control to achi and boot mode to legacy I can get windows to install onto the drive, but when windows needs to reset to finish install the computer boots back to usb drive. In the bios the ssd is listed as one of the boot options and when you try to boot to it the computer says that there is no bootable drive in the computer. 

I have also tried using the factory bios setting, with the sata controller set to intel rst and boot to uefi. In the windows installer, the SSD does not show up unless I install the intel rst drivers. I am them able to install windows on the drive. Upon restarting the computer boots back to the usb and the SSD is not visible in the bios as a boot device. I have also tried with secure boot enabled and disabled but that didn't change the results. 

Any help will be appreciated. I have been trying to get this for the past couple of days now and it is starting to get annoying. 

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 975
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flex 5 1570 Won't boot to Samsung 960 EVO

What OS?  How was the USB stick made?  Is it UEFI?  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Blkvermilion
Paper Tape
Views: 970
Message 3 of 5

Guess I should have put that in there, Windows 10. 

I have used the windows media creation tool to make the usb. Also made a usb using rufus with GPT partition. 

The usb is UEFI.

HugMeTender
Paper Tape
Views: 718
Message 4 of 5

Has anyone discovered a solution to this? Seems like an old thread, but I can't find any other information on this. I've got the exact same setup, SSD and Laptop, that I'm trying to setup.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 699
Message 5 of 5

@HugMeTender wrote:

Has anyone discovered a solution to this?

See my response in this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-5-1570-installing-windows-to-m-2/t...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors