Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teeroy
Paper Tape
Views: 655
Message 1 of 3

Flex 5 - Fingerprint Doesn't Work-synaptics code 10

I've seen this thread somewhere before, but I don't think I see a resolution that will help me. My Flex 5 fingerprint hasn't worked for sometime. I've deleted, updated reloaded, disabled the driver and uppated.  I've reinstalled the chip set and went into the bio to make sure the right settings are enabled. I even explored the possibility there might be a register edit (mind you I'm not a programer by any means).  Bottom line is the driver indicates that there is a failure to load (code 10) and has never worked even for a short time since trying to fix it given I noticed some of the discussions indicate a very short term functionality. Anyone have some ideas given this doesn't seem to be a isolated problem?  I am not open to a clean system or total windows install of any kind given I would rather just be disaapointed than invest all of the time that would take.  Thanks!!!

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

sharrowm
What's DOS?
Views: 636
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flex 5 - Fingerprint Doesn't Work-synaptics code 10

Same here. The fingerprint scanner never worked correctly since day 1. At first it would work until the computer hybernated. Now it doesn't work at all. In device manager it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I've also tried everything listed by the OP and I have the latest driver. 

RichardCPR
What's DOS?
Views: 579
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flex 5 - Fingerprint Doesn't Work-synaptics code 10

It seems to be a very common issue. I'm suffering it as well... let me know if you find any answer to this annoying problem!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors