Did you mean: 
SCJ3183
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,548
Message 1 of 25

Flex 5: Fingerprint sensor not working

Summary: Fingerprint Seonsor not starting. Troubleshoot says driver is alright

Details:

I received an alarm from Windows Defender saying there is a device driver issue with my laptop a couple of days back. (Image 1) in attachment. On checking the device manager it shows that the device could not start with an Error Code 10 (Image 2) and the driver is up-to-date (Image 3). 

I contacted Lenovo Support and they simply gave me the link to the drivers again (kind of pointless when the drivers are already up-to-date) but it changed nothing. Windows Settings show that Windows Hello is not available for the device (probably because it can't detect a fingerprint sensor) at all (Image 4). 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device. Have tried disabling and enabling it. Drivers reinstalled. Nothing has worked so far. 

Anyone else who faced such an issue and was able to resolve it? Please help.

venturaf
What's DOS?
Views: 2,397
Message 2 of 25

Re: Flex 5: Fingerprint sensor not working

I'm having the same problem and I believe it is worst for me because I can't even see my biometric devices (I'm attaching the photo).

Also as many people, my laptop shows that It can not work with windows hello even when I literally have the fingerprint sensor on it, and even worst, my cousin has the same laptop and it really works with fingerprint, it is the same laptop the same on everything, Im talking about the lenovo flex 5 I3 -7th Gen. 

UmbraAscensor
What's DOS?
Views: 2,079
Message 3 of 25

I also have the Lenovo Flex 5 and when the last update occured, the bometric scanner stopped working for me. This was a month and a half to two months ago. I have checked for new updates, uninstalled andreinstalled the device hardware for the biometric scanner, and I still have nothing.

adomisi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,070
Message 4 of 25

Same problem here with the latest win10 automatic updates...

I cannot explain why Lenovo is not able to offer a solution for such a problem...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,036
Message 5 of 25

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the community forums!

To SCJ3183:

Based on image 2, the driver got an error. Could you try to uninstall the driver that's having an error? Restart the device, then, observe if still doing the same thing.

To the other users:

Have you guys also tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Are you getting any error messages? You may try to update the latest driver using this link.

To UmbraAscensor:

Are you talking about the Windows update or driver update?

To venturaf:

We've checked the image you've sent, but it looks like that you don't have the Fingerprint Driver on the device manager. You may install the driver using the link above.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

adomisi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,027
Message 6 of 25

The synaptics fingerprint driver of the 1470 really worked for me! 

Thanks Ashley !

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,025
Message 7 of 25

Hi adomisi!

We're glad to hear it's working! You're always welcome! Feel free to reach us again if you need our help. We'll be happy to help you anytime. 

Have a nice day ahead! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Truedad
Paper Tape
Views: 2,004
Message 8 of 25

The updated Fingerprint Driver for Flex 5 1470, released May 20, 2018 and linked above in this conversation, seems to be functioning fine. My Fingerprint Reader is working once again. Thanks!

adomisi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,985
Message 9 of 25

After a day of a working state, the device is not working again...

At the device manager the driver details seems to automatically reversed to the 8/6/2017 version ...

I tried to reinstall the 1470 newer version with no luck at this time...

update...

I unistalled the device drivers and reisintalled the 1470 version, and the device is functioning again!

Still cannot understand is there is an automatic drivers update process that I have to disable...

adomisi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,956
Message 10 of 25

After another day of a working state, the device returns with a code 10 error as usual...

Got no further luck with the unistallation and installation process...

Shouldn't be an explanation of that?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors