Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WatcherX
Paper Tape
Views: 8,922
Message 1 of 17

Flex 5 Touch screen not working

Hi all,

I've owned my Flex 5 for a little under a month now. Truh be told, so far I haven't really used the touch screen, save for on the first day when I was doodling a bit using the pen.

Today, I touched the screen quite by accident, and then realised I didn't get any response, so I tried again, only to realize, the touch screen is fully unresponsive. I checked the device manager. it says it's functioning properly.. I checked the website and everything is up to date driver wise. I disabled/enabled/uninstalled, restarted the HID complient touch screen, all to no avail.

I'ts true I rarely use the touch screen feature so far, but it sucks to know that in a little under a month, I'm having issues with this feature already. I even went so far as to reset my computer, on the off chance there was some issue/bug.

No change.

Has anyone had such an issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edit : Just realised that the touch sceen is working fine with the pen, but I get absolutly no response when using fingers.

Don't know if that helps diagonse anything

nsoc222
What's DOS?
Views: 8,393
Message 2 of 17

Re: Flex 5 Touch screen not working

I've had this issue as well. It's not an isolated incident. There are hundreds of posts online related to Lenovo Flex 5-1750 (80XB) talking about how the touch screen has stopped working. It happened to me after I had this device for less than a month. I was unable to update the driver. Even with a tech support person from Lenove we could not solve the issue. So I was told to return the laptop because it's a hardware issue that they need to fix. Yesterday I wrote in another post and said that Lenovo needs to make a driver available so that people can re-install it. Well, it seems like that's just what they did because this morning I've been able to update the driver and the touch screen is back. Windows 10 was able to troubleshoot and apply a driver update. This may or may not work for your situation but the problem is real.

bud1265
What's DOS?
Views: 8,341
Message 3 of 17

I figured out a way to correct the touchscreen issue not working after windows 10 update, go to device manager, then human interface, then hi- lite it , then select action at the top of window, select add legacy hardware, then select install hardware that I manually select, hit next and then again, scroll down select perception simulation controllers, hit next, hi-lite it the next box, hit next , then install it on the next page. this fixed my problem on my brand new Lenovo flex after the first windows update at 2 days old, when no other tricks worked, figured it out by chance. after 10 hours worth of phone calls to Lenovo and Microsoft, they were no help. dumb ass country boy figured out him self lol. I hope it helps some one else.

xuechunli
Punch Card
Views: 8,191
Message 4 of 17

This method is not good for me
kaicho8888
Punch Card
Views: 7,735
Message 5 of 17

Legacy method...This did not work for me... Didn't we all pay for this touch screen and the product does not work! 

I've got too much specialized engineering programs in my computer and no way am I going to reset to factory specs.

kaicho8888
Punch Card
Views: 7,542
Message 6 of 17

Just to update when I did a chat with Lenovo and did the following to check possible solutions:

1. Press the power button for 30 sec, turn on... failed.

2. Go to Device Manager and disable/enable the HID touch screen... reboot...failed.

3. Go to Device Manaager and uninstall HID touch screen... reboot... failed

4. Turn laptop off; stick a pin in the hole next to the power switch; wait for logo then hit F9, hit enter; hit F10, enter, hit "continue to Win10"... failed.

5. Lenovo emailed instructions to return the laptop for hardware repair.

Not a happy camper! Lots of work to back-up then reload all my programs and data on my old Vaio laptop. When I get this Flex 5 back reload again!

For many years since the early 80's, I've used Sony Vaio without a single problem. Saving a few bucks with Lenovo is not worth it. Debating if I should just order another Vaio.

AliceTer
What's DOS?
Views: 7,465
Message 7 of 17

So casually they suggest to reset it to factory settings,  as if it is that easy.  and  what kind of guarantee you have that it won't happen again after a few months ?   It seems everyone that has had this touch screen or tablet mode issues,  it happens after a few weeks/months of using when people have invested considerable amount of time loading software.

kaicho8888
Punch Card
Views: 7,436
Message 8 of 17

It takes lots of time to reload everything back with your personal settings. For that very reason, I have not yet decided to return the laptop for warrantee repair.

However, I'm considering getting another brand.

arabasza
What's DOS?
Views: 6,997
Message 9 of 17

Chiming in that I had the same exact issue. Bought this device in April 2018. Did not use the touch screen often, but when I did... it didn't respond to my touch.

- I did the Device Manager uninstall and reset thing

- I did the Device Manager and install Legacy thing

- I reset

- I powered down completely and waited

I did everything short of resetting and reinstalling Windows, because this is a work laptop and it would take hours of business time to reinstall all my software and settings. Lenovo, can you please chime in? This is just silly.

BeccaMiller
What's DOS?
Views: 6,549
Message 10 of 17

Same issue with my Flex 5. I've tried all the suggestions. Nothing has worked. Called Lenovo. Did all the things previous writers have done. Nothing has worked. Went to Best Buy. They can't do anything. Must ship it away for a couple weeks. Very dissapointed in this product. I bought it specifically for the touch capabilities. Come on Lenovo!!!!! Provide us with a reliable touch screen!!! Help fix this problem!!! We've spent our hard-earned money for your product, that doesn't work as it should!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors