Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddd22
What's DOS?
Views: 1,466
Message 11 of 17

Re: Flex 5 Touch screen not working---FIXED

So i recently had the touch screen quit on me and i tried all the fixes short of reformatting.  nothing worked.  then i realized the last thing i did with the computer was clean the screen with a disinfecting wipe (costco variety) and then put in in my luggage to travel.  figured it got bumped or something...i dont ever pack a computer in my luggage, but a bad shoulder left me no choice.

i was reading something in Ifixit that suggested touching the upper right hand corner (in landscaper) or lower (in portrait) and when i did the web page actually closed.  Then voila... the idea hit home...it was then that i became conviced the wipe down, having missed a corner, could be the likely culprit.

i wiped it down with a water dampened cloth and it WORKED....touch screen was back in full instantly.  I posted this because after months of finger print smears many of us must clean the screen, and with those ubiquitous wipes, it is not unlikely that many of us use them.

they leave a gritty deposit on the screen the prevent touch reception.  CLEAN YOUR SCREEN PROPERLY, OR MINIMALLY IF YOU DID YOU A DISENFECTING WIPE...clean that crap off the screen.

not having read everything on this and other furums so this may be old news and i didnt just find it yet.  hope it help

Marty

whiterosepetal
What's DOS?
Views: 1,398
Message 12 of 17

Re: Flex 5 Touch screen not working

If you have windows 10,you should try running the troubleshooter for "Hardware and Devices" after you have updated your HID-complaint touchscreen driver and also make sure that your windows is up to date. I have a flex 5 and its touchscreen stopped working suddenly so i did this to fix it.

Juanfra14
What's DOS?
Views: 845
Message 13 of 17

@ddd22 wrote:

So i recently had the touch screen quit on me and i tried all the fixes short of reformatting.  nothing worked.  then i realized the last thing i did with the computer was clean the screen with a disinfecting wipe (costco variety) and then put in in my luggage to travel.  figured it got bumped or something...i dont ever pack a computer in my luggage, but a bad shoulder left me no choice.

i was reading something in Ifixit that suggested touching the upper right hand corner (in landscaper) or lower (in portrait) and when i did the web page actually closed.  Then voila... the idea hit home...it was then that i became conviced the wipe down, having missed a corner, could be the likely culprit.

i wiped it down with a water dampened cloth and it WORKED....touch screen was back in full instantly.  I posted this because after months of finger print smears many of us must clean the screen, and with those ubiquitous wipes, it is not unlikely that many of us use them.

they leave a gritty deposit on the screen the prevent touch reception.  CLEAN YOUR SCREEN PROPERLY, OR MINIMALLY IF YOU DID YOU A DISENFECTING WIPE...clean that crap off the screen.

not having read everything on this and other furums so this may be old news and i didnt just find it yet.  hope it help

Marty

My touchscreen suddenly stoped working, and after the quick google search and seeing all the post regarding this issue I started to lose hope, then I saw your solution and thought, this can't be it. Well, it tourns out it was just that. I wiped it with some napkings and some window cleaner and ouala, It's working again haha.

Thank you for your input, you saved me hours of troubleshooting and drivers installations

Lenovo diagnostig result:
image.png

Juanfra

setoaji
What's DOS?
Views: 720
Message 14 of 17

its work for me yeay, thanks

formatfirst
What's DOS?
Views: 421
Message 15 of 17

I have a pretty new i5 8th gen Flex 5. I did try most of what was written here and nothing worked for me - to screen touch. Only thing I did not try was reset and reinstall Windows 10 - that I felt was too much trouble.

But now harm to try the more silly suggestions like this one:

@ddd22

Marty

Yeah, sure a clean will fix it. LOL! But my screen was dirty so I gave it a try anyway and wiped it with IPA. And doh! I was wrong - touch is back and works perfectly. So if your touch screen stopped working:

Clean the LCD screen - that will most likely fix it!

Very simple solution to an annoying problem. ddd22, may the force be with you!

SCJ3183
Blue Screen Again
Views: 204
Message 16 of 17

Marty, you're a genius! I wish I had read this post before I did a hard reset on my system. Thanks a lot nonetheless!

Everyone with 'Lenovo Flex 5 touch screen stopped working' issue, please try using a wet cloth to wipe your screen before you do anything else!

kaicho8888
Punch Card
Views: 115
Message 17 of 17

Late December 2017, got my Flex 5. A three months later, the touchsreen was not working. Called Lenovo and they gave me a FedEx label to return it. I decided not to bother and just let the warantee expire. I got tired of trying to troubleshooting the Lenovo and got a new dependable Vaio again and it is flawless.

As suggested here, took out the Lenovo again from deep storage; tried the screen cleaning and it did not work for me. Just my bad luck with my one and only Lenovo.

Not sure if it's a hardware or software problem with the W10 upgrade. Still there is no touchscreen driver installed. Others metioned using Wacom drivers; tried that but it did not work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors