Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gillian-faith
Blue Screen Again
Views: 597
Message 1 of 1

Flex 5 - pen input reacts like touch input

I've been fiddling with this on and off for months, but I don't  know if the problem is with the touchscreen, Windows 10, the drivers, my software, or some combination of those, so none of my troubleshooting has really gotten me anywhere. I bought the Flex 5 and the active pen intending to use the touch screen like a Cintiq monitor, in addition to the Huion graphics tablet I already own, but any pen input just reacts like touch input, making imposible to work comfortably in any painting/animation programs. I also can't figure out a setup that will let me use the active pen and my tablet at the same time; Huion and Wacom drivers don't seem to play nice with each other, so I can't have them both installed at once if I want either of them to be recognized in my software and have pressure sensitivity.

I have turned off "tablet mode" in Settings, and in the Control Panel I've disabled "Flicks" and "press-and-hold to right-click". Regardless, using either the active pen or my tablet (which doesn't even interact with the touch screen) will make my computer react like I'm using my finger -- same visual feedback, press-and-hold still right-clicks, dragging with the pen will scroll around the webpage/canvas, etc. Depending on the software I'm using and which drivers are currently installed I can sometimes draw and get pressure sensitivity, but I'll still keep accidentally triggering touch commands with the pen that interrupt my work flow.

Even if it's at the cost of touch functionality, I need pen input to work properly. With one of my pens, at the very least, but if it's possible I would like to be able to use both the active pen and my Huion tablet at the same time without having to change my setup.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors