Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfrenkel1
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 1 of 2

Flex2 15d msata ssd

When I purchased my flex 2 15d I saw that there was an option for an msata ssd, however, now that I've opened mine I see no msata port.  I checked with tech support who could not give me any help.  There is a you tube video of someone adding an msata drive to his 15 D, but my motherboard is different than his.  There is a port attached to what appears to be a field replaceable unit,but it is not msata.  I have attached a picture of the MB with the FRU circled and a X on the port.  I have two questions: 1.  Is there an msata port which I have perhaps missed (not likely) 2. Is there a part that I can order for the motherboard that will provide an msata port?

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 574
Message 2 of 2

Re: Flex2 15d msata ssd

HI.

@ Gfrenkel1  Smiley Happy

What indicas is not an mSATA port unless it is the other way around, you could indicate the model of your computer to see the features and verify that no, or a slot, I leave an image for yours da mSATA port.

...un SSD mSATA...

On changing the plate with mSATA port, you should know that possibly cost you more than a new team, it is one thing you must think about it.

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors