cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baby_Daddy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,247
Message 1 of 9

Food & Drink Hands free mode not working?

I have a flex 15 running windows 8.1. Ive had a few quirks since updating the OS but basically have everything worked out. The only problem im currently having is not being able to enable hands free mode on the food & drink app. I have the permission setting for the web cam toggled on. When I swipe down and select hands free the UI does switch to that mode but in the upper right corner it says hands free off. When I click or tap that notification it does nohing and hands free does not work... anyone else having this problem?  

Baby_Daddy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,203
Message 2 of 9

Re: Food & Drink Hands free mode not working?

Can anyone confirm weather or not they are having issues with the hands free mode on the lenovo ideapad flex 15 running Win 8.1?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,182
Message 3 of 9

I can confirm the issue is present on my Flex 15. It seems the issue may be with the webcam driver. 

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Baby_Daddy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,174
Message 4 of 9

Thank you for the reply! I tried reinstalling the latest webcam driver from lenovo but it was no help..I also reached out to microsoft support. They took remote control over my computer and two different techs were not able to find a solution..

Former Employee
Views: 1,160
Message 5 of 9

Hi Baby_Daddy,

Thanks for posting. What if you uninstall the webcam drivers, reboot and the let windows detect the drivers. Do you see any difference then?

Regards
Baby_Daddy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,124
Message 6 of 9

I tried uninstalling the webcam drivers and rebooting to no avail.. I actually got on the phone with microsoft support and they conducted a remote desktop session. The first specialest I worked with basically just tried going into the app and turning on the feature. He saw for himself that it wasnt working. He passed it up the ladder to a "more advanced" tech. This tech also tried a bunch of things remotely on my PC... To no avail. Ive come to the conclusion that the webcam and or drivers with this machine just do not work with the Food and Drink hands free mode at this time..

PJinSJ
Paper Tape
Views: 973
Message 7 of 9

I'm having the same issue with the Ideapad U310 Touch.  Seems to me that problem is more widespread than either of us thought.  I actually took advantage Microsoft's one on one tutorial when Windows 8 first launched.  They tried to show me a feature and when it didn't work they escallated it to every genius on the store to no avail.  Three hours of troubleshooting later the Microsoft folks came to the conclusion that it was a Lenovo problem.  Lenovo has been far less helpful in trying to remedy the problem.  This is extremely disppointing as this is my fourth Lenovo.  I web search on the model number revealed a class action suit that regarding the wireless card.  Seems like quality is taking a hit on several fronts.  Smiley Sad

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 967
Message 8 of 9

Reinstall motion control
PJinSJ
Paper Tape
Views: 960
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion.  Completely removed the Lenovo Motion Control software, downloaded the current version, and loaded it.  Works with SOME applications (Adobe Acrobat) but not Food & Drink. 

Double-checked the settings for Food & Drink - Permission for Webcam is set to ON and I manually attemped to enable Hands-Free mode.  It's still not working.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors