Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bethany30
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,485
Message 1 of 4

Function Keys or HotKeys/F1-F12 Keys-HELP

Is there a way to completely disable the HotKey setting?  I always need access to my F1-F12 keys without having to hit the function button first.  I know how to go into settings and turn on the F1-F12 function, but I was wondering if there is a way to disable the HotKeys altogether.  

Every time I shutdown or restart my computer, the F1-F12 setting automatically goes back to the HotKey setting, thus, causing me to go in and change it every time.  

Thanks!

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,409
Message 2 of 4

Re: Function Keys or HotKeys/F1-F12 Keys-HELP

@Bethany30 wrote:

Is there a way to completely disable the HotKey setting?  I always need access to my F1-F12 keys without having to hit the function button first.  I know how to go into settings and turn on the F1-F12 function, but I was wondering if there is a way to disable the HotKeys altogether.  Every time I shutdown or restart my computer, the F1-F12 setting automatically goes back to the HotKey setting, thus, causing me to go in and change it every time.  Thanks!

I also want immediate access to my F1-F12 keys, so on my Ideapad 500-15ISK I changed the setting in the BIOS.  Is this what you did?  For me, changing the setting in the BIOS is permanent.  The setting is called "Hotkey mode", and I changed it from "Enabled" to "Disabled".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Bethany30
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,401
Message 3 of 4

How do you get to the BIOS setting? This is the part I can't seem to figure out.
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,398
Message 4 of 4

@Bethany30 wrote:
How do you get to the BIOS setting? This is the part I can't seem to figure out.

Many Lenovo laptops have what Lenovo call the "Novo" button.  On some laptops it is actually a button, but on the Ideapad 500-15ISK it is a hidden button that you must press using the end of a paperclip inserted through a tiny hole in the side of the casing (yes, really!).  Do this when the laptop is powered off.

On the 500-15ISK, the hole is on the left side very near the front, but its position varies according to the model of the laptop.  You should read the User Guide for your model to find out where the Novo button is located.  The User Guide for your model should be available on the Lenovo website.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors