Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raschid1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,556
Message 1 of 8

Harddisk Security proplem ; ideapad 510S-14IKB

Hello,

I have a big Problem! I can't use my Ideapad because of the Harddisk Security won't work. Smiley Sad

I set a master and a user Password for my Hard Disk, for secure my data.

But now if I start my Ideapad there comes a blue Window with following information:

Harddisk Security

Lock SATA Port 0 Samsung MZYT*******-000L2

If I press the Enter-Key or some other key, nothing happens. there will not appear a pop up for password question ... 

So please help me Smiley Sad

Raschid1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,503
Message 2 of 8

Re: Harddisk Security proplem ; ideapad 510S-14IKB

ah and I also tried the lenovo rescue Button, but logically it doesn't work ...

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,461
Message 3 of 8

Hi Raschid1,

Have you already tried just typing your password as soon as you see the pop up?

Can you still get into the BIOS of the system and get the BIOS version?

This may be a BIOS issue since you are not able to get any password prompt. 

The only thing I could recommend is removing the HDD to force the system to go to the BIOS. 

Could you also get a picture of the pop so we can see. 

Hope to hear from you soon,

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Raschid1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,447
Message 4 of 8

Yes I tried both.

I can't get into BIOS.

And I tried the master password and the user password as soon I see the pop up, but nothing happens.

The Ideapad is 3 weeks old and I fear if I remove the HDD, I lose my guarantee of Lenovo.

Thanks a lot for your help. I upload a picture for you.

Views: 2,406
Message 5 of 8

Hi Raschid1,

Thank you for uploading the picture. Opening the laptop and taking out the HDD does not void the warranty unless you damage something or strip a screw. Also password issues,  like a BIOS / HDD password is considered  as accidental damage, I would recommend you call Lenovo Warranty Services for your issue and explain whats happening. You may be given an exemption since this seems to be a BIOS issue. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Raschid1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,365
Message 6 of 8

Hi Jamdy17,

First thanks for your support!

I wrote Lenovo Warranty Services via email and they said that it isn't a case for warranty because of a configuration issue. Then I tried to call the Lenovo Premium Support but because of the prenumber 0900 - my phone provider locked that.

After that I opened my Ideapad and took out the SSD. Then by pushing the Novo-Button I came into the BIOS, but there were no setting to disable the password or something.

At last I bougth a SSD box for using it on external way via USB. I hoped that I came into the BIOS AND can fix the settings of my SSD or it came a more beautiful popup where I can use my password. So after pushing the Novo-Button again I came fortunately into the BIOS Setup but unfortunately the BIOS didn't see my SSD and of course there is no popup for password ...

For no I have no ideas anymore. The only way I think is to buy a new SSD...

anyhow I have the BIOS Version now, maybe this will help you:

Views: 2,346
Message 7 of 8

Hi,  

Have you already tried putting a blank password on the HDD password once in BIOS?  

With the situation with the BIOS and the SSD, what I would recommend trying is that you do a low level format on the SSD so that you can use it. Then re-install windows.

Windows Bitlocker is an alternative to having an HDD password. 

Cheers, 

Raschid1
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,315
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I tried now to do a low level format. My SSD is from Samsung, and I tried it with Samsung Magician but that tool can't see the SSD. Also I tried it with the Tool HDDLLF but here's the same problem too. Do you now better free Tools? Or are there other ways to putting a blank password?

Maybe I have to go to an Samsung service shop for low level format.

After that I think I abandon for HDD locking ...

cheers and many thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors