Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glitter
Paper Tape
Views: 1,880
Message 1 of 5

Headphones neither working nor detected Lenovo Ideapad 110-17IKB (80VK) Win10

Hello, I've purchased the laptop two months ago, did a clean install of Win10 and discovered that the device does not detect headphones.

I thought it'd be a minor issue but turns out the headphones, if disconnected and then reconnected, don't work the second time. The speakers turn off while they're plugged in so it's double odd. Headphones work on different devices perfectly without any problems. They're Panasonic. They have two black bars on the jack.

Laptop says the Audio driver is installed and updated - Realtek High Definition Audio 10.0.15063.502

I've already tried to send it over to Lenovo under warranty to fix it but they decided the laptop works correctly. I'm honestly out of ideas and would love any help.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,828
Message 2 of 5

Re: Headphones neither working nor detected Lenovo Ideapad 110-17IKB (80VK) Win10

It is normal for the speakers to be disabled when plugging in headphones, but the issue of the headphones working initially, and then not working the second time they are plugged in is not.     

You might just check to see if they are being disabled somehow by right-clicking on the sound icon in the lower right of the screen, selecting Playback devices, and if the headphones are not showing, right-click in that same window, and select the options to Show Hidden and Show Disconnected devices.

Note:  It also appears that you may be running the generic Microsoft "Window's High Definition Audio" driver, and not the actual latest Realtek Audio driver (version 6.0.1.8083 dated 5/26/2017) provided for you laptop by Lenovo, so I would recommend you use the link below to download and install the Realtek driver, and see if it resolves your problem..

Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ideapad 110-17IKB, Lenovo V110-17IKB

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/100-SERIES/110-17IKB/downloads/DS11...

Best of luck,

Glitter
Paper Tape
Views: 1,763
Message 3 of 5

Re: Headphones neither working nor detected Lenovo Ideapad 110-17IKB (80VK) Win10

Hi, it's me again! I've already installed the very same driver to no avail. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. Could you walk me through it?

Edit: by the by, the headphones don't show at all even when choosing to view hidden devices. They're just not picked up by the system at all. And what I meant by the speakers shutting off being odd - it's odd to me that despite the system not detecting the headphones it still manages to shut off the speakers

Glitter
Paper Tape
Views: 1,754
Message 4 of 5

So! After more fudging around with realtek I've noticed that even after uninstalling it it would come back so I never actually got to test the audio without the driver present. Some more wrestling with it (installing and deleting through the device manager, until it finally decided to appear under Programmes) I finally succeeded with deleting it there, which enabled the regular windows drivers to work. Headphones are now detected and working correctly. Hope no issues arise from it, though.

Thank you for your time.

Derekk
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 5 of 5

Hi, Having the same problem. Have changed driver etc. When I reboot I get the headphones to work but once I disconnect them then only the computers speakers work. Re-plugging in the headphone gives no output, but the computers speakers get turn off. When I do get the headphones showing I made it the default speakers (recommended by internet forum), it works for awhile, but when the headphones are not registered it cann't set it as the default. I removed the driver and replaced it with the windows default driver but eventually the Lenovo pops back and >I loose the headphones again.    Grrrrrrrr.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors