Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashleymaeze
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 1 of 1

Help, Lenovo Ideapad 310 Touch 15ISK not booting properly

So I've had my Lenovo laptop for about a year now, I believe the warranty on it is expired now. I don't want to spend money on what I think is a simple repair. When I was trying to clear my storage I fell asleep and my laptop died, it didn't get to properly clear the storage and shut down. Now whenever I try to load up my laptop, this message appears

20180210_134703.jpg 

(If you can't read the picture; The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart installation.)

When I click OK, it loads and then the same message appears again. It's an endless loop. I looked up different videos telling me to fix this, I should disassemble the laptop, take out the battery, and hold the power button down for about 30 seconds. I wouldn't mind trying this approach, but I can't find a disassembly video specifically for my laptop and I don't want to damage even further or beyond repair. If that's what I need to do, then getting help here with it would be great.

Then I tried opening the boot menu, I did this by pressing FN and F12 when turning on the computer. I wanted to try and run a diagnostics test to try and see what was wrong, but it only gave me these options and couldn't figure out how. I pressed enter on both of these options to see if it would fix this issue, nothing happened as far as I could tell.

20180210_134924.jpg

I moved on from that to the InsydeH20 Setup Utility screen, by pressing FN and F2 when turning on the computer. This is where I really don't know what I'm doing or what these options do, or if it could even help with my problem.

20180210_135028.jpg

I won't upload all of the pictures of the different pages, but if you need to look at them then let me know.

That's as far as I could get in trying to fix this before I got stuck, I tried to include as much information as I could. (Sorry if it's really long!) I'd love any tips. Thanks.

Top Kudoed Authors