Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackandblue50
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 1 of 3

Horrible Tech Support

I just bought my laptop 3 months ago and it now doesnt work. I cant reinstall windows and no matter how i try to reinstall it, it keeps getting stuck on prepairing auto repairs loop. On top of that, i cant get support on the website. I enter the serial number and i get a error message. Theres no way to fix this problem and i have had it with these PS pcs. I got screwed out of 430 dollars and right before finals. Never buy a lenovo laptop or a PC ever! Im buying a mac next time.

Guru
Views: 196
Message 2 of 3

Re: Horrible Tech Support

Looks like you'll need a new hard drive. You can call 1-877-453-6686 for phone support, or visit https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ for chat support.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 183
Message 3 of 3

Re: Horrible Tech Support

Sadly hard drives do sometimes just go bad regardless of who made the hard drive (which Lenovo does not BTW), so while that is a bummer, I have had hard drives go out in Macs too, since they do not make their own drives either and use the same drive manufacturers, so there is no guarantees that will end you woes either.

The first thing to do is to check so see if the drive indeed has issues

Please create installation media if it is not available. You may download an ISO from the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Follow the steps below to use checkdisk to see if the drive has errors.   The test below will not check for bad sectors,but will tell you if any are found, which is usually means the HD has failed.  

1. Insert the installation disc or USB flash drive, and then restart your computer.
2. Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear.
3. When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.
4. Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.
5. From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.
6. Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.
7. In the “Advanced Options “click command prompt.
8. Then enter the command chkdsk c: /f and press enter

If the drive checks out OK, you should be able to do a clean install or use recovery, but without more info on what system you have etc., it is hard to advise you on how to proceed.

Best of luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors