cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veralakif
Not applicable
Views: 7,944
Message 1 of 19

Hosted Network Supported: No Problem for Lenovo 310-15ISK Laptop (ideapad)

Hi everyone,

I bought this laptop few mounts ago and I couldnt solve network hosting problem. I'm using Windows 10 Pro (v1511 OS Build 10586.446) operating system and wanted to create local wireless netwok connection. When i open the command (cmd) window I typed 'netsh wlan show drivers' and the result is as following,

Untitled.pngI couldn't chance Hosted network supported : No to Yes. I have updated BIOS, i installed OneCare, I have deleted the Wireless Adapter drivers and installed the current one but it's still the same. I checked microsoft community forums, mailed lenovo mail support and got online support from the experts, almost tried everything but couldn't solve the problem.

If there is a way to solve this problem, could you please inform me via comment or message.

I can remove and install previous versions of network adapter driver but i dont know which version works with this pc appropriately.

Any suggestion will be deeply appreciated,

Thank you so much,

Akif

Krakken
Not applicable
Views: 7,877
Message 2 of 19

Re: Hosted Network Supported: No Problem for Lenovo 310-15ISK Laptop (ideapad)

Hello Veralakif

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Check out the following post, it may help with identifying the issue with this topic.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
veralakif
Not applicable
Views: 7,865
Message 3 of 19

Dear Krakken,

I have checked the link and tried to apply all the possible solutions given in that web page as following;

1. I opened cmd and typed netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities. The result is as following;

soft ap.JPG

According to the web page you referred, it is said that, if older version of driver is installed it is going to be written as Soft AP: Supopoted. If wireless adapted driver doesn't support network hosting at all, it will be written as Soft Ap: Not supported. As far as i understand, my laptop does not support local network hosting. I'm not an expert but please correct me if i am wrong. 

I assumed that local network hosting is allowed in this laptop and followed the solution steps as following;

1. I have checked intel community forum and found that removing current wireless adapter driver and installing older version may solve the problem. I have removed my wireless adapter driver and installed older version, which were v18.33.0.1 8260 driver for Windows 8.1 , on my Windows 10. Actually there was no v18.33.0.1 and I installed the 18.33.0. Then I have restarted my laptop and it didn't work.

*Referred web page: (https://communities.intel.com/thread/102972)

2. I couldn't download TypeWell transcriber V7 because there were no proper link to download. The link directs me here and then here. I have mailed to them this issue and I hope they reply me back.

I'm not sure the problem will be solved when i install TypeWell Transcriber V7 but at least i would like to give a try.

It would be really great to be informed about the current property of my laptop that supports network hosting or not.

Thank you so much for you concern,

abhijeet715
Not applicable
Views: 7,580
Message 4 of 19

I know I wont get any reply either from Lenovo or Microsoft, so I managed to get a solution myself. If you recall, there is a folder with the stock drivers in Ideapad device you purchased. In that, there are stock drivers for your device, even for older version of windows. All you have to do is open Device Manager, go to Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter under Network Adapters, right click > Properties > Drivers Tab > Update Driver. Here, select the "Browse my computer for device software". Over there, select "Let me pick up from a list of drivers available in my computer". After that, click "Have Disk", navigate to this folder of stock drivers. In that folder, you will find a folder named "Wlan". In that, open the "Driver Only" folder, in that, open the "Win8.1" folder, select "win32" or "x64" according to the architecture of your device (win32 is 32-bit devices and x64 is 64-bit devices). Inside there, you will find a file named "netathrx.inf". Select that, and then click next and wait for the driver to install. Once done installing, disable and enable the Qualcomm Atheros device and you are good to go. Open command prompt with ADMINISTRSATOR rights and type "netsh wlan show driver". If it says "Hosted network support: Yes", you have succeeded and now can create a wifi hotspot using hosted network. Only drawback is that you are on an older version of the WLAN driver but it doesnt have any bugs or problems so it doesnt matter, atleast you will be getting hosted network support until Lenovo provides an update for the same.

I had also posted this same question and came up with the solution the very next day just by chance. 

Pparalax
Not applicable
Views: 7,237
Message 5 of 19

Hey please help me fix mine! 

After the have disk button it takes me to browse the file i want to open...

How do i get to the stock driver files!

abhijeet715
Not applicable
Views: 7,222
Message 6 of 19

If you havent deleted the files of the drivers that came with your laptop, then only you can do. There was a drivers folder in the laptop that came when you had purchased it, navigate to the windows 8.1 folder and then you install the driver. I have explained it well above, dont use the driver from the win7 drivers folder or else it wont work. Use the driver from the 8.1 folder

veralakif
Not applicable
Views: 7,004
Message 7 of 19

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I followed the steps you have listed but i could't find the stock drivers folder and folder named ''Wlan''. I checked over internet and tried to figure out where actually windows store drivers. They are located on C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. But there was no Wlan folder. 

Could you plase give me the exact location of that 'Wlan' folder?

I will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks for the repply.

Akif

abhijeet715
Not applicable
Views: 6,964
Message 8 of 19

Here is download link of the driver from my laptop, i hope it works for you. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16sun6uXHqzUCilf00iEF_O0a6jBE6UQD/view?usp=sharing

veralakif
Not applicable
Views: 6,928
Message 9 of 19

Hi,

Thank you so much for your effort and concern. I have updated my driver from the document you shared and it chanced to 'Hosted Network Supported: YES'.

But when i open the Network and Sharing Center and create a new local network, it says 'Showing the list of unconfigured devices may take around 90 seconds.' I waited around 30 min. but no response. Any idea will be appreicated.

Thank you so much.

and here is what i came across:

wlan.PNG

Highlighted
abhijeet715
Not applicable
Views: 6,917
Message 10 of 19

you will need to use the command prompt method to create the hotspot.

the netsh wlan commands, you can get them if you do a search on google. That is how it works.

but before, run command prompt as an admin and thype the following command to see if you have hosted network support - "netsh wlan show drivers"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors