Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Safeuq
Paper Tape
Views: 3,518
Message 1 of 3

Hotkeys not working - Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB

Hi friends.

I am using Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB running on Windows 10 64-bit, Anniversary Update. Lately, I got a BIOS update through​ Companion app which said "System is not UEFI", since I was using Legacy mode. So I converted my disc from MBR to GPT using AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional software. But after converting I noticed that some of the hotkeys like airplane mode, disable mic, disable camera, disable touchpad are not working (Disable toucpad did work, but the disabled icon wasn't displayed). So then I reverted back to Legacy mode using same software. But still it didn't work. I tried reinstalling all the drivers from the Lenovo support website. But still it didn't work.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Some keys like volume and brightness still work.

Ron999
Paper Tape
Views: 3,470
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hotkeys not working - Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB

Hi Safeuq,

Currently I own 310-15ABR which is the AMD varient of what you have. 

This is what i would like you to try.

Option 1:

Since you updated the bios, the settings usually gets reset to default. You need to enter the bios by clicking the NOVO button on the left side of your laptop. Once in, make sure that hotkey is set to 'enable' and mode set to what you were using (legacy in your case) . Save and exit, and then boot back into windows. See if this solves the problem. 

Brightness and volume buttons will still continue work as they are controlled by windows drivers. But for additonal functionality you need to download hotkey drivers from lenovo support website specific to your model. 

Option 2:

Use the Windows built in restore function to try to restore the functionality back to a prior state.

Option 3:

Factory reset your windows laptop from settings. Caution - This will delete everything on your laptop. Make sure to backup everything.

Option 4:

Fresh copy of Windows. Switch to UEFI mode in bios and install windows from scratch using a UEFI based USB. 

You can use Rufus (free software) and this UEFI windows usb guide http://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-installationCaution - This will delete everything on your laptop. Make sure to backup everything.

- Please note that i am not an IT guy, but just another user on the forum. Some or none of the options may work for you, so please keep searching and posting if you find a solution.

Goodluck..!!

Ron

Safeuq
Paper Tape
Views: 3,462
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hotkeys not working - Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB

Thanks for the info. However

Option 1: I have tried that already, but using Fn+F2 key. Will using NOVO key make any difference??

Option 2: I can't get that. You mean to use System Restore to revert back??? Revert back to what?

Option 3&4: I don't want to reinstall Windows since there are some important applications that I can't install.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors