Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilovesun
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 1 of 8

How can I increase battery life ? Flex 3-1570 Laptop

Hello,

I bought 2 month ago a Flex 3-1570 laptop.

Most of the time I use it with the AC adaptor connected. Only sometimes I need to use the battery.

The battery is not detachable and there is no "Battery Conservation Mode" or "Lenovo Power Manager".

In these conditions how can I maximize the battery life?

What is better:

Connect and disconnect the AC adaptor several times a day, to maintain a charge level between 40% and 60%.

or

Keep the battery always 100% charged ?

I had an older Lenovo laptop with a detachable battery and it was a very nice thing. I attached the battery only when I travelled and I think this was the best option to save the battery.

Thank you

Sweeris
Punch Card
Views: 600
Message 2 of 8

Re: How can I increase battery life ? Flex 3-1570 Laptop

In my opinion keep the battery near or at full charge. Charge the battery when ever you have a chance. Drain the battery once a month. It should be maximize battery service life.

If you keep charging battery and using between 40 and 60% I think it will stress the battery unnecessary and waste battery charge cycle. If you want to keep the battery at around 50% is generally good for long term storage. I do not think it would apply to you case as the battery is not removable.

There is a lot of theory behind lithium batteries. I suggest that you search for battery university. It will give you a lot of info on how to maximize the service life of your battery.

lafonte98
Paper Tape
Views: 589
Message 3 of 8

When your laptop is plugged in overnight and you go to use it the next day is your power 100%?  I leave mine plugged in all night and every morining when I go to use the laptop is has drained to around 45%.  I do not understand how the battery is draining when the A/C power cord is plugged into the laptop all night?  Also, when I totally shutdown the laptop after it has been charged fully then open it up after a few hours the battery has lost charge.  How is this possible when the device was not even turned on?

Help Please...someone.

Thanks,

Greg

ilovesun
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 4 of 8

Thank you for replying.

Actually I wanted to find an automatic solution to optimize the battery use.

I will keep the laptop always connected to the AC adapter and hope the battery will not be completely distroyed when I will need it... I am sorry I can not remove the battery.

ilovesun
Paper Tape
Views: 582
Message 5 of 8

Hello Greg,
Yes, the power is 100%. But I have used the laptop for 2 months only. Maybe I will have the same problem as you.
Sweeris
Punch Card
Views: 582
Message 6 of 8

If you just plug in ac all night regardless of laptop being off or on the battery should be fully charged. I suggest giving the service center a call. The battery should be drained when the laptop is off.

As for charging when the battery reaches full charge it will stop charging so no need to worry that leaving the ac plugged will destroy your battery. Just remember to drain your battery once a month.

Surfndnet
What's DOS?
Views: 141
Message 7 of 8

Hi Greg,
I have the same problem/issue. The Battery drains very quickly. I can understand some battery drain however ...Mine will drain as quickly as Greg does as well ..Even if powere down and cord removed.

A battery drain of at leats 45% overnight is not normal IMHO. and It'll even drain to nothing (needs to plugin and charge a bit Before re-startin)
Surfndnet
What's DOS?
Views: 140
Message 8 of 8

Btw- I have a Flex 5-1570 2017 so it seems these are issues with Lenovo brands?

Hopefully there is a fix/patch for abnormal drainage...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors