cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claudiagoga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,242
Message 1 of 4

How can I install Windows 10 on Ideapad 520s?

Hi, I just bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 520s with FreeDos and wanted to install Win 10 Pro.

I created a bootable USB with the following config: GPT partition scheme for UEFI , NTFS file system (it did not allowed fat32 because the file was larger than 4gb)  and cluster size 4096 bytes.

When I try to boot from the usb it says "EFI USB device has been blocked by the current security policy"

Can you tell me how can I install Win 10 and the steps and configurations needed?

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 4,199
Message 2 of 4

Re: How can I install Windows 10 on Ideapad 520s?

It seems, that some sort of security is enabled in BIOS (Secure Boot?). Please referer to User Manual, page 7. Turn off your laptop and press Novo Button. Your laptop will turn on and Novo Menu will be displayed. Please go to Bios Setup and look for security settings.

BTW. You can create an installation media using Windows Media Creation Tool.

------
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,182
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Properly prepared Windows 10 media will boot in secure mode.

It sounds from your description that you copied an installer ISO to the flash drive.  That doesn't work in any event.

Use something like 7zip, or just Windows Explorer in Windows 10 to extract the contents of the ISO to a FAT32-formatted flash drive.  Once that's done you should see folders like boot, efi, sources... in the root of the drive, not <something>.ISO.

MBR partitioning is fine.  GPT may also work but isn't necessary.

At that point you should be good to go.  Or you can use the creation tool that Kacperas linked.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Claudiagoga
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,170
Message 4 of 4

It seems the problem was that the installation files exceeded 4gb so Rufus could not format the bootable usb as fat32, that's why it did not worked.

I used another smaller image for instalation and manage to create the bootable usb with fat32 and it workrd.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors