cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamRD
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 1 of 4

How do I re-install windows on the infernal Ideapad 100S.

Over the years I have re-installed just about every version of windows on a variety of machines without problem ,until now.

I have an Ideapad 100S-11BY which has been wiped so I have been trying to get an os working on it but after many hours have still not succeeded. I have tried different versions of windows, different formatting (mbr/gpt) etc, added the bootia32.efi file to the boot folder all to no avail. The BIOS and boot options on this machine seem very restrictive, I have never encountered this before on any other machine.

Any help would be appreciated as this pc is coming very close to going into a skip.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 81
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I re-install windows on the infernal Ideapad 100S.

You've probably already tried this, but to verify:  you've used the creation tool, selected a 32-bit OS, and direct flash drive creation?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

GrahamRD
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 3 of 4

The problem is I don't have a licenced copy of windows on this pc anymore, I did have but due to problems I had to format the drive.

As I don't want to spend any money on this pc I managed to get Ubuntu working on it but there is no sound due to Realtek not supporting Linux for this pc.

Thanks anyway.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 71
Message 4 of 4

I'm confused.  Your origianal post mentioned technical problems installing windows but your latest post refers to lack of a license....

If your machine was ever running with an activated Win 10, activation status will be stored on the MS servers (and the key should also be in BIOS if '10 was the as-shipped OS) so activation shouldn't be an issue - as long as you're installing the same version that was previously running.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors