cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ExWire_Rin
Paper Tape
Views: 12,218
Message 1 of 2

How to enable Fn + F# keys on Lenovo Ideapad 110?

I've seen a lot of people ask the opposite and I tried the solutions given to them in hopes of helping with my problem but they don;'t work.

Basically, I want to be able to use the functions of the F1-F12 keys by pressing the Fn key like in other laptops so that I could use the F# keys for something else. I play games on emulators, you see, and the F1-12 keys are for quicksaves (by shift + F1-12 and just pressing the F1-12 to load) which I couldn't use because pressing the F1-12 keys right now would just make them use their functions instead of letting me save my game and it's kind of a problem for me.

Can anyone help? The laptop I have is new and I dunno much of how to change stuff. I tried looking in the control panel and everything but there's nothing. Please help?

Highlighted
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 12,185
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to enable Fn + F# keys on Lenovo Ideapad 110?

@ExWire_Rin wrote:

Basically, I want to be able to use the functions of the F1-F12 keys by pressing the Fn key like in other laptops so that I could use the F# keys for something else.

On my Ideapad 700-15ISK, this is controlled by a setting in the BIOS.  The setting is called "Hotkey Mode", and is found on the "Configuration" tab.  I don't know whether your laptop has this setting.

To enter the BIOS, refer to the "User Guide" or "Hardware Maintenance Manual" for your model.  You can download these manuals from the Support section of this web site.  Scroll to the bottom of this page, click "Downloads", and then enter your model number.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors