Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suryaceltic
Paper Tape
Views: 12,285
Message 1 of 7

How to open bottom cover of Ideapad 310 - 14ISK

Please help me how to open the bottom cover, I can't find any documents which can guide me to do it.

Feel a bit frustated since I have to open the whole bottom cover just for replace the HDD, bad and stupid design imho.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 12,280
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to open bottom cover of Ideapad 310 - 14ISK

Hello and welcome,

I believe that's covered in the  Hardware Maintenance Manual - Notebook 

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

suryaceltic
Paper Tape
Views: 12,275
Message 3 of 7

I don't care about the warranty, it's all my own risk.

The HDD replacement from the manual is specific for the Ideapad 310-15ISK the 15" version, mine is 14".

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 12,271
Message 4 of 7

There is some information about the -14ISK, but not much Smiley Sad

From the drawing it looks like the HDD is accessed from the top after removing the keyboard bezel.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

suryaceltic
Paper Tape
Views: 12,262
Message 5 of 7

I just read carefully the manual, yes it's not from the bottom cover, but from the top, remove the keyboard bezel, wow.

Thank you for the link of the manual, just a little bit clear now. 

The manual still only show the model 310 - 15ISK for the keyboard bezel removal procedure, the 310 - 14ISK not clearly mentioned. Hmmm.. I still need confirmation from the Lenovo's technician.  ;( I hope somebody can confirm the keyboard bezel removal procedure for 310 - 15ISK is still valid for the 310 - 14ISK. Thank you.

suryaceltic
Paper Tape
Views: 12,209
Message 6 of 7

Thank God, I finally can managed to open the keyboard bezel and replace the HDD with SSD. The keyboard bezel removal procedure is the same as 15ISK which explained on the manual. 

Amiovy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,789
Message 7 of 7

Hello Everyone, 

I Searched in you tube, saw the video and managed to open the bottom cover of Lenovo Ideapad 310 - 14ISK. 

Now, i need a spare bottom cover, as my present bottom cover is broken all on a sudden! Now the left corner of the laptop is open when i open the lid of the laptop. 

I tried but could not find any way to order the bottom cover.Like there is specific spare parts number for that as well did not find it in the items lists. 

Can anyone please help ?

Warm Regards//

Shamim Ahamed Ovy 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors