Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tornike_M
Not applicable
Views: 16,178
Message 1 of 9

How to reset the forgotten Ideapad 100 15IBD BIOS password

Hi there,

Somewhere 3 months ago, I bought the new laptop (which came with Linux installed on it) and then I set up the BIOS password and now I can't remember it. So, I can't enter into the BIOS setup and can't change the boot priority that I need in order to boot from either the Windows 10 intstallation CD/DVD or the installation Flash Drive. Any suggestions plz?

My notebook in detail is: Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD (80QQ012CUA)/179698. I thought you may know some default password for this BIOS build. I don't want to open the notebook as it's too new for that Smiley Happy

Thank you

Majestic
Not applicable
Views: 16,116
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to reset the forgotten Ideapad 100 15IBD BIOS password

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Unfortunately there is no master password or magic back door which can be used to circumvent a forgotten BIOS password on a laptop.  This protection scheme is due to the ease in which laptops are stolen every day.  Your only solution is to try and remember the password you used.  Please keep in mind that you may have used CAPITOL as well as lower case letters in your password.  Passwords are case sensitive. Likewise removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard will NOT clear forgotten passwords on a laptop system.   If you still can't remember the password then the alternative is to replace the motherboard. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Tornike_M
Not applicable
Views: 16,106
Message 3 of 9

Well, I must tell you that there's no capital letter allowed to enter in the field. When I try to enter the capital letters and other symbols, there is a beep sound and they don't enter in it! So, only lowercase letters and numbers

Tornike_M
Not applicable
Views: 16,016
Message 4 of 9

Are there any Generic BIOS passwords for the above BIOS build? I've found a website on the Interent which lists them but for other laptop brands!   Any suggestions plz?

Mod's Edit: Posting edited to conform to Forum Rules.

Majestic
Not applicable
Views: 15,995
Message 5 of 9

Sorry, as I stated before... "no master password or magic back door which can be used to circumvent a forgotten BIOS password".

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Tornike_M
Not applicable
Views: 15,986
Message 6 of 9

So do you think the website above is a scam?

Majestic
Not applicable
Views: 15,975
Message 7 of 9

No opinion one way or the other as to the validity of your removed link.  Your post was edited and the link removed so that it conformed to Forum Rules in particular........

"No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to subvert safety measures."

Tornike_M
Not applicable
Views: 15,965
Message 8 of 9

It is not allowed to post website links here in this community?

Anyways, I'm wondering, have you seen the website before deleting the link?

Majestic
Not applicable
Views: 15,945
Message 9 of 9

To quote the Forum Rules more fully.....

"No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to subvert safety measures. Nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to, content related to these topics."

As stated before you have two options in trying to resolve your issue. The first is to try and remember the forgotten password.  The second is to have the motherboard replaced.  Further discussion regarding the circumventing of BIOS passwords is prohibited by Forum Rules.  This discussion is now closed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors