Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nuevo1
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 1 of 3

How to stop charge when conected

Hello, I've just bought a new "lenovo idepad 330" and installed windows 10. My previous laptop had a removable battery, and since I nearly always used it at home, I didn't use the battery (and so, after lots of years, it were still like if it was new, when I needed it, I just put it). But this one has an integrated battery (nowadays it seems like all of them are this way).

Is there a way to use the computer like if there wasn't a battery? I mean, tell the computer to use energy from the charger and don't send it through the battery.
And, if that can't be done with software... can I take a screwdriver, extract the battery, and still us the laptop without it?

I may even give back the laptop and look for one with a removable battery if that can't be done, there are many ways to prolongue the life of the battery, but I think there is nothing better than don't use it if you don't need it.

Guru
Views: 124
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to stop charge when conected

Have you looked in Lenovo Vantage?  Under Power heading is there a "conservation mode" setting?

Also see below post.  I know its talking about different model but conservation mode does same thing.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Conservation-mode-Ideapad-310-15ABR/m-p/...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Nuevo1
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to stop charge when conected

Thank you. I've already removed the battery though, it's easy Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors