cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrk123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,846
Message 1 of 3

How to switch from Alps to Synaptics touchpad driver?

I'm attempting to solve the issue of the touchpad delay after typing.  This is a well known issue, easily fixable in the Synaptics control panel by turning off Palm Check.  However, my Flex 3 1480 came with the Alps control panel, which doesn't offer ANY options for turning off touchpad delay.  How do I switch over to the Synaptics driver, instead of the Alps driver, so that I can use the full selection of options available to Synaptics users?

NOTE:  I've seen various solutions suggested on the forums, none of which have worked.  Some of those include turning touchpad to "no delay" in the mouse settings, deleting a file called FMAPP.exe, downloading the latest audio drivers, among other things.  None of these solutions worked for me.  That's why I want to change to Synaptics, so that at least I can go into the Synaptics settings and turn off Palm Check to solve the issue.  Any ideas?

Guru
Views: 1,716
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to switch from Alps to Synaptics touchpad driver?

If I'm not mistaken, your device has an Alps touchpad. Thus, you won't be able to use the Synaptics driver.
hrk123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,714
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to switch from Alps to Synaptics touchpad driver?

Ok thanks, I thought maybe you can switch drivers anyway.  I did find my answer though, after searching around a ton.  If anyone else comes across this thread, here's how to disable touchpad delay with an Alps touchpad:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Touchpad-does-not-work-when-typi...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors