cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roby76
Paper Tape
Views: 1,403
Message 1 of 4

IDEAPAD 310-15IKB 80TV - How to recovery an OEM Partition?

Hello,

I have an Ideapad 310-15IKB 80TV bought on 31th December 2017 (Italy). Yesterday I reduced the partition of system volume "C" and extended the partition of the native volume "D" (which contains an additional drivers' folder by Lenovo). I used a specific software to make this operation since windows 10 doesn't allow the partition extension. The work has been completed correctly, but I noted that an OEM partition (without name) was changed and now results as "non allocated" (1001 mb), so now there are the following OEM partitions only: "WINRE_DRV" (1000 MB) and "LENOVO_PART" (13,83 GB). To verify, I tryed to run OneKey Recovery for rebooting the laptop in the "system restore" mode, but windows 10 starts normally. So, I figure the partition changed from "OEM partition-integer" to non-allocated" by that software, doesn't work and the others OEM partitions it appears are not usable.

How can I fix the problem?

I could need in the future to restore the laptop with its initial and original settings..

Could you please suggest me on how to fix the problem?

Does Lenovo provides a software to restore the specific oem partitions containing the original settings and system for my laptop model?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help

Roberto

offenmeier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,378
Message 2 of 4

Re: IDEAPAD 310-15IKB 80TV - How to recovery an OEM Partition?

hi Robert, don't worry.

Go to this page: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/lenovorecovery?linkTrack=Body:Box:RecoveryMedia

Enter your serial number, and follow the instructions. You will need your Lenovo account for this.

Basically you will need to download the recovery USB creation tool from Lenovo, then using that tool download the recovery files.

Save both the downloaded files and the tool in a safe place, so that you can come back to them when you need them.

When you need to reset your hard drive to factory state, it is rather easy:

1. run the USB creation tool

2. point it to the files you downloaded

3. it will create a bootable USB for you

4. boot from it and let it run, It will overwrite and repartition whole hard drive.

Good luck!

Roby76
Paper Tape
Views: 1,361
Message 3 of 4

Hi offenmeier,

thank you very much for your help and quick reply for solving my problem. That's fine, I will follow your instructions as well.

Best regards,

Roberto

ANGRY4
What's DOS?
Views: 210
Message 4 of 4

how can  I get rid of bios virus one the IDEAPAD 310-15IKB 80TV ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors