02-02-2017 09:22 AM
02-03-2017 03:21 AM
Hey,I just tried to update the BIOS on my Ideapad as it was somewhat out-of-date and was having some issues, however, once I performed this update my BIOS seems to be gone...Whenever I boot now I'm presented with white text asking for media. I've attempted to use a USB with a Windows 10 installer on it, but nothing.Any help would be great, as this laptop is extremely important for my Uni work.
Welcome to the Forum.
Have you tried to factory reset the unit using the OneKeyRecovery?
02-03-2017 05:07 AM
@KieranJames1996 wrote:Whenever I boot now I'm presented with white text asking for media. I've attempted to use a USB with a Windows 10 installer on it, but nothing
I don't know what is causing the problem, so the following is general advice. After updating the BIOS:
(1) Power off the laptop.
(2) Use the "Novo" button the start the laptop. Read the "Hardware Maintenance Manual" (downloadable from this site) to find where the "Novo" button is. On my 500-15ISK, the "Novo" button must be pressed using the end of a paper clip inserted through a small hole in the casing.
(3) On the "Novo Button Menu", choose the option to enter the BIOS.
(4) In the BIOS, select the last(?) tab where you can reset the BIOS to default. Do that, and then exit the BIOS, saving the changes. Power off the laptop.
(5) Use the "Novo" button again to re-enter the BIOS.
(6) Make sure that the first device in the list of boot devices is the hard disk. Make any adjustments necessary, then exit the BIOS saving the changes. Power off the laptop.
(7) Start the laptop using the normal POWER button. Does it now boot Windows successfully?
-- from CyberSimian in the UK